Kate Hennig: Mrs. Wilkinson, Broadway and Toronto

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Kate Hennig

Post by CJ-Rochester »

What an amazing piece of writing! Her description of Peter's performance so accurately describes what I felt at last night's show:
And when he looks at you with those baby-blues... he looks right into your soul, and what I see... is Billy. I don’t really know this kid yet, but I can sense his deep magic, his will, his courage... and that is what draws me in.
Such poetry! :D
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

It's September 3rd, and Kate has again updated the blog on this date:

http://www.billyelliotbroadway.com/blog/
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

You're slipping porchesrule :D

Kate has just updated her blog. It's about Mikey's last night.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

Her last blog was very touching. Even though I never have seen Michael perform I feel like i know how great he is just from reading Kate's latest blog.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Excellent blog as always Kate! I dedicate my 400th post to you. :D
and Alex Dreier... the next generation.
Interesting how she spent so much time talking about Alex Dreier. We don't often get to hear much about the "small boys". I saw Alex for the first time last week. He seems like a fine young man. So nice to hear he is taking ballet. Perhaps another small boy to Billy journey?
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Kate has devoted the latest entry in her blog to the Ballet Girls -- some great insights into these often unsung heroes of the show:

angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Do we do leaver's cards for other cast members? I totally missed Liam and Mikey due to extreme craziness in my life, am trying to get one for Tommy B. but is there a Forum one for Kate? Anyone know same question for Friends Of Billy?

Thank you!
Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

It was decided by mods/admins a while back that this forum would only do leavers cards for retiring Billys. There is a joint forum card for Tommy that is being done by Steven King, and you need to get your message to him asap.

Of course, individual cards to any cast member would not be amiss. However, regarding Kate, she isn't really leaving BETM, just moving to another production of it, as with several other cast members who are moving around as well.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

ERinVA wrote:It was decided by mods/admins a while back that this forum would only do leavers cards for retiring Billys. There is a joint forum card for Tommy that is being done by Steven King, and you need to get your message to him asap.

Of course, individual cards to any cast member would not be amiss. However, regarding Kate, she isn't really leaving BETM, just moving to another production of it, as with several other cast members who are moving around as well.
Sounds like a good decision, and thanks for the reminder that Kate is just moving, I'd already forgotten! I already sent Steven my message, thank you. =)

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Kate posted an update to her blog. It is dated last Friday (9/24) but was just posted today. The subject is packing and preparing to leave NYC.

Does this refer to anyone we know? ;)
A patron (I’m so sorry I didn’t get his name!) came up to me as I left the building last night. He has seen me in the show more than thirty times! He wanted to tell me that he would miss me! That he would miss reading my ramblings on the blog. And he said that America was honoured to have had me here doing this show. Imagine. I told him I was grateful to America for granting me this opportunity.

Return to “Cast - Toronto”