Live Recordings

Is the Music live? Where are auditons held?
scraghead
Audience Member

Live Recordings

Post by scraghead »

Just wounding if there is like a live recording of the show in full, not just clips?
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Re: Live Recordings

Post by JohnH »

A CD of the original cast performing the songs from the show is available from the Victoria Palace Theatre. You can also purchase this by mail order by emailing the VPT on merchandise@victoriapalace.co.uk
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

You haven't said whether you are in the UK or US. The Original Cast Recording can also be purchased at the Imperial Theatre in New York, or ordered online from various places here in the US as well.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

scraghead wrote:Just wounding if there is like a live recording of the show in full, not just clips?
If you are meaning a recording of the full show, not just the songs, then the answer is no.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by JohnH »

ERinVA wrote:You haven't said whether you are in the UK or US.
:oops:
Thanks for the US information Ellen
scraghead
Audience Member

Post by scraghead »

thanks guys, ive got the cast recording. Just have to book and go to see it :)
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

scraghead wrote:thanks guys, ive got the cast recording. Just have to book and go to see it :)
Do so. I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed :D

Welcome to the forum by the way.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
olivejuice
Small Boy

Post by olivejuice »

I wasn't sure if anyone knew about this, but the Victoria and Albert Museum in London has a video recording of the full show in the Performance Recordings section of their National Art Library (located in the museum). I'm pretty sure Layton is the Billy in the performance. The information on their website says:

"Recorded by the V&A Theatre Collections for the National Video Archive of Performance.
Complete production recording with highlights of warm-up.
Stage production based on the Universal Pictures / Studio Canal film.
Mixed recording (3 cameras).
A wide shot recording of this production can be made available at 3 weeks' notice.
Evening performance. 15 July 2008" (http://tinyurl.com/ydl2pmm)

The catch is, I'm pretty sure you have to be a London resident to join the library, and you have to view the dvd on the premises. I didn't get a chance to go watch it because I only found out about it a few days before I moved back to the States, but I did see a clip of Solidarity (how I know it's Layton as Billy) from it and it seemed to be well filmed. Might be interesting to check out.

Personally I think they should make them available for purchase...but that's just me...
London: Ollie-1, Dean-Charles-1, Tom-1
Chicago: Cesar-2, JP-2, Giuseppe-1, Tommy-3, Marcus-1
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

olivejuice wrote: but I did see a clip of Solidarity (how I know it's Layton as Billy) from it and it seemed to be well filmed. Might be interesting to check out.
Oh yes, I saw that too. It was weird, I was walking around the gallery and in the faint distance I could hear the music 'Solidarity' so I rushed around to find out where it was coming from!
olivejuice
Small Boy

Post by olivejuice »

Muppet wrote: Oh yes, I saw that too. It was weird, I was walking around the gallery and in the faint distance I could hear the music 'Solidarity' so I rushed around to find out where it was coming from!

Hehe, I spent most of my time in the museum in the theatre performance exhibit (claiming it was research for school). I sat through the whole video montage a few times just so I could see the Billy Elliot clip again and again!
London: Ollie-1, Dean-Charles-1, Tom-1
Chicago: Cesar-2, JP-2, Giuseppe-1, Tommy-3, Marcus-1

Return to “Information/Questions about BETM”