Tom and Tanner interview

For UK, Aus and US media
bubsycm
Debbie

Re: Tom and Tanner interview

Post by bubsycm »

Thanks SO much for that! Brilliant! Lovely to hear Tanner's normal voice and Tom is a legend 'we get kicked out'. :D
Charlotte x
tzwicky
George

Maybe I'll finally watch the DVD.

Post by tzwicky »

johnnyc wrote:The boy soloist in "The Chorus" is Jean-Baptiste Maunier. I'm not so sure of the physical resemblance though. :) But I agree both Jean-Baptiste and Tanner have beautiful singing voices. I told Tanner once that I had heard all the London and Broadway Billys sing, and I put him in the top three or four. :D
I've had The Chorus DVD with the concert tour title, too, for years. Keeps slipping to the bottom of my stack of what to view this or that day. Yeah, I buy too many DVDs (in addition to seeing BETM too often); the last four words being a whopper of an oxymoron -- like it's possible to see Billy too many times. Pish posh. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I would imagine Tanner was walking on air (well chuffed) after being told of Johnny's assessment of his talent. Yeah, it's important for Tanner and the guys to please and seek positive input from Stephen and Nick and people like that, but having a Billy fanatic compliment him so simply, certainly musta made his evening.

tzwicky
(still star-struck after 54 Billys)
pinknick103
Tony

Post by pinknick103 »

That is so cool - Tom looks so young !!! Thanks Sleepylins xx
Dean x1, Leon x1, Trent x1, Josh x12, Layton x10, Corey x5, Fox x10, Tom x15, Brad x5,Ollie x7,Tanner x2, Dean CC x 9, Aaron x 2, Rhys x3, Scott x5, Ryan x10, Adam x2, Kaine x5, Harris x3, Harrison x12, Redmond x3, Ali x1
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Re: Maybe I'll finally watch the DVD.

Post by johnnyc »

tzwicky wrote: I would imagine Tanner was walking on air (well chuffed) after being told of Johnny's assessment of his talent. Yeah, it's important for Tanner and the guys to please and seek positive input from Stephen and Nick and people like that, but having a Billy fanatic compliment him so simply, certainly musta made his evening.
Based on his reaction, I think he was surprised to get such a complement. And when I told his mom the same thing, she was really pleased. :D I don't say such things lightly. Usually, I just say "great show" and then move on.
tzwicky
George

Not the type .......

Post by tzwicky »

Yeah, me too.

I'm not the gushy type .... well, not in person. Talking about someone thirdhand, I can go on and on and on, but face to face, I'd never go that way.

In fact I've been known to assume Billys can lip read ... not even realizing the accent filter and all that.

I'm sure more than several Billys think of me as "that guy who does not talk out loud."

Maybe the "crazy, silent Yank with the gray hair who always seems on the verge of an attack of the vapors ..." but maybe not.

Dunno if I was ever gushy with Tom, and I'd have to assume the same with Tanner. So far, I'm safe on the gushing front .... though no promises for next month at all! It could be a gushy month.

tzwicky
(at least so far it's not, "Get security. That guy is back!")
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Great interview ! Thanks for posting it. Tanner really does have a nice singing voice in that video . . . much like a boy chorister, with a hint of vibrato. Does it sound pretty much the same today, or has it - as well as his speaking voice - dropped just a bit ?
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by JohnH »

sleepylins wrote:I didnt know how to get the interview on here so i put it on youtube.
Don't forget that we can also host video's in the Forum Gallery. They will probably be too big to email in but if you upload it to somewhere like sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/) and then email us the link we will upload it to the gallery! :)
sleepylins
Ballet Girl

Post by sleepylins »

Thankyou John i didnt have a clue will give it a try. :?
Billy:-
Coreyx5, Samx1, Josh.Fx8, Trentx5, Laytonx7, Hoganx2, Fox x10, Tomx10, Tannerx6, Bradx5,Olliex6,Deanx5,Rhysx4,Aaronx2,Scottx2,Josh.Bx0,Ryanx1, Adamx0
Michael:-
Laytonx1, Shaunx14 1/5, Jontyx10 4/5, Danielx4, Lewisx9, Deanx4, Georgex5 , Jakex10, Connor.Dx3,Connor.Kx12, Joex3,Reecex2,Connor.Lx1
Debbie:-
Leighx1, Leycix6, Amyx7, Scarlettx15, Meganx6, Aliciax6, Annabellex6, Fleurx11,Francescax12,Emily.Sx8, Emily.Wx1
79 WONDERFUL SHOWS
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

Nice video thanks Lin.

Like your new avatar as well.
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
sleepylins
Ballet Girl

Post by sleepylins »

Thanks everyone for your comments.
I love this interview.Its so lovely.I have now sent it in for the gallery.
Billy:-
Coreyx5, Samx1, Josh.Fx8, Trentx5, Laytonx7, Hoganx2, Fox x10, Tomx10, Tannerx6, Bradx5,Olliex6,Deanx5,Rhysx4,Aaronx2,Scottx2,Josh.Bx0,Ryanx1, Adamx0
Michael:-
Laytonx1, Shaunx14 1/5, Jontyx10 4/5, Danielx4, Lewisx9, Deanx4, Georgex5 , Jakex10, Connor.Dx3,Connor.Kx12, Joex3,Reecex2,Connor.Lx1
Debbie:-
Leighx1, Leycix6, Amyx7, Scarlettx15, Meganx6, Aliciax6, Annabellex6, Fleurx11,Francescax12,Emily.Sx8, Emily.Wx1
79 WONDERFUL SHOWS

Return to “Multimedia & Gallery”