Cesar Corrales: Billy - Chicago and Toronto

cincinnati
Tall Boy

Re: Cesar Corrales

Post by cincinnati »

My two minature schnauzers are not barking (talking) to me after reading what I wrote about Cesar's dog Mambo and Alex's MING MING...
alexandre
Small Boy

Post by alexandre »

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

And a good one it is, too. :D Thanks for the link.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

A blogger talks about Cesar in her blog entry:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/ay-mama ... rents.html

P.S. Though it dates back to the official opening Opening Night of the show, the link reached by clicking on Cesar's name in the article takes to you a wonderful review of his Opening Night performance located on the staff blog of Chicago Magazine. Even if you've read it before, it's well worth a re-read.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

Cesar is an exceptionally talented boy. He can dance and can sing. He does a really good job playing Billy Elliot. I recommend that you check him out. You will not be disappointed.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

I am not sure if this is a Chicago audience trait or if this happens in other performance towns as well but why is it that the Billy boys have to learn to dodge audience members as they make their way back to the stage for the finale. I have noticed this happens a lot. I don't understand why audience members are in such a rush to get out. Tonight as Cesar was making his way back to the stage for the finale he ran into two groups of people making an early exit. He had to do a spin move to dodge an elderly couple as they left. Anyone else witness this in other cities?

Oh and Cesar was absolutely fabulous as always. He is a real treat to watch. I am so glad I went and saw him tonight. All I can say is wow. Cesar you are an amazing dancer.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

mrmikerocks wrote:I am not sure if this is a Chicago audience trait or if this happens in other performance towns as well but why is it that the Billy boys have to learn to dodge audience members as they make their way back to the stage for the finale.
Audience members leaving before Billy returns to the stage sometimes happens in London and NYC, but never to the extent as in Chicago. I'm told there is a mass exodus there because a lot of people are trying to catch a 10:30 pm train. They aren't willing to await the 11:30 train.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

johnnyc wrote:
mrmikerocks wrote:I am not sure if this is a Chicago audience trait or if this happens in other performance towns as well but why is it that the Billy boys have to learn to dodge audience members as they make their way back to the stage for the finale.
Audience members leaving before Billy returns to the stage sometimes happens in London and NYC, but never to the extent as in Chicago. I'm told there is a mass exodus there because a lot of people are trying to catch a 10:30 pm train. They aren't willing to await the 11:30 train.
I guess that's a concern but it looks really rude. The cast spends almost three hours putting on such a quality show and then audience members leave before the show is over. I guess that avoiding audience members in the aisles is something they need to start teaching at the Billy school.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

ERinVA wrote:Broken field running. 8-) :lol:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/broken-field
That's exactly what Cesar had to do last night. I guess with how good he avoided the elderly couple leaving early maybe he has a future in the NFL. :lol:

Return to “Cast - Toronto”