Liam Redhead

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Liam Redhead

Post by ERinVA »

Liam's final show is now done. I hope someone (Billy Addict, for one) will write a review shortly.

We will miss you, Liam! :cry:
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
BillyAddict
Tall Boy

Post by BillyAddict »

ERinVA wrote:Liam's final show is now done. I hope someone (Billy Addict, for one) will write a review shortly.

We will miss you, Liam! :cry:
Such pressure :)

Will write more after some sleep but a wonderful final show but no public announcement at the theatre, which was disappointing.

Liam
167 Performances!

Lochie x 21.5; Nick x 11; Corey x 1; Rhys x 19; Rarmian x 17.75; Dayton x 24.75; Josh W-G x 18; Michael x 19; Josh D x 12; Daniel x 3; Tom x 1; Ollie G x 1; Fox x 1, Liam R x 2, Alex x 5, Cesar x 2, Tommy x 1, John Peter x 1, Peter x 4, Jacob x 2.
Scott x 30; Thomas x 28.25; Joel x 31; Landen x 33.75; Liam x 14; Jake x 1; Connor x 1; George x 1, Trevor x 4, Jake Evan x 3, Gabriel x 8, Keean x 2, Neil x 11.
Fiona x 18; Rosie x 25; Shannon x 23; Kelsi x 23; Prudence x 2; Lauren x 10; Cassandra x 15; Nina x 9; Isabelle x 12; Fleur x 2; Francesca x 1, Issy x 7, Maria x 4, Georgi x 17.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

That is definitely disappointing. :( Liam is the first Billy who was not an original to step out of the Broadway show, so I guess we have now seen what will happen with the rest of them. The originals were all formally recognized, but no formal recognition from now on, apparently. :evil: That's too bad.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Actually disappointing is not strong enough. I think disgusting is nearer the mark.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

I totally agree with the remarks of ERinVa and Billy Whiz. Company management should be ashamed of themselves. To my knowledge, that's never happened before, anywhere, when a Billy left the show. To me, Billy Whiz, even disgusting isn't a strong enough word, but probably the strongest word that can be used here in this family friendly environment. If for no other reason, Billys should be recognized for their talent and the many, many long hours of training and rehearsal they have to put in to play that role and certainly for carrying the show every time they performed, in Liam's case for eight months. Very, very upsetting to hear this.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

I agree as well. Audiences usually don't like a lot of speeches, but the occasion of a Billy leaving is worthy of being publicly noted. At least they did the "See you Neil, See you Liam" bit.
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Just so I make sure I understand this, there was nothing at all, either at the beginning or end of the show, indicating that it was Liam's last show?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

porschesrule wrote:I totally agree with the remarks of ERinVa and Billy Whiz. Company management should be ashamed of themselves. To my knowledge, that's never happened before, anywhere, when a Billy left the show. To me, Billy Whiz, even disgusting isn't a strong enough word, but probably the strongest word that can be used here in this family friendly environment. If for no other reason, Billys should be recognized for their talent and the many, many long hours of training and rehearsal they have to put in to play that role and certainly for carrying the show every time they performed, in Liam's case for eight months. Very, very upsetting to hear this.

In Oz, none of the final shows of the Billys were acknowledged, as I recall, porschesrule. On Broadway, of course the original three were recognized on their departures, and in London, with the departure of each original (including Leon) all the Billys danced a brief reprise of the finale at the end, but since then in London, although departing child cast members (including Michaels and Debbies) are acknowledged, there have been no more "Billy Dances." But at least they do give them a proper thank you for their time in the show, which should certainly be done on Broadway as well. I do believe departing principal cast get a bouquet at their final show on Broadway, but nothing else.
Ellen

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote:I do believe departing principal cast get a bouquet at their final show on Broadway, but nothing else.
So Liam got a bousquet, but not the traditional Dad giving him back to his real family at the end?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I don't know if he even got a bouquet, but I expect he did, and as CJ has said above, the farewell between Billy and Michael was "See you, Neil. See you, Liam." I am sure that someone will let us know more details before long.
Ellen

Return to “Cast - Broadway”