Where Do All the Billys Come From?

Is the Music live? Where are auditons held?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Where Do All the Billys Come From?

Post by ERinVA »

Interesting article by a person we know. ;) http://www.theskykid.com/2009/09/29/whe ... -come-from
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Where Do All the Billys Come From?

Post by porschesrule »

Thanks for the plug, Ellen. There are surely more qualified people on this forum who could have written that article, but I was asked to do it and hope it stands up to the scrutiny of the many members of the forum more knowledgeable than I. I would certainly welcome any feedback as to its accuracy and flow.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for plugging the forum in your references. ;) :D
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

This is a great article. I noticed it mentioned the show will be opening in 4 new cities. What are the others, besides Chicago?
:/
Safuza
Ballet Girl

Post by Safuza »

CJ-Rochester wrote:This is a great article. I noticed it mentioned the show will be opening in 4 new cities. What are the others, besides Chicago?
Toronto, Tokyo and Seoul

It said in the article :D
My VERY impressive Billy Track record:
....Kiril.....X1
Oh yeah! It's a record breaker and you know it!
...*sigh*...Why, oh why must Broadway be so far away! =(
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Safuza wrote:Toronto, Tokyo and Seoul

It said in the article
CJ-Rochester wrote:This is a great article. I noticed it mentioned the show will be opening in 4 new cities. What are the others, besides Chicago?
Toronto, Tokyo and Seoul

It said in the article :D
That information came from a recent Stephen Daldry interview. When I get a few minutes, I'll find it and post the link.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

As promised...

The information regarding Billy Elliot opening in the cities mentioned came from an article in the British publication "The Independent", an interview with Stephen Daldry dated September 25, 2009 titled "A Director Calls: Inside the World of Stephen Daldry".

Here's the link: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 92696.html

The specific quote can be found in the sixth paragraph from the bottom of the article.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Ellen

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Busy? You should talk, Ellen. You certainly have a "nose for news" with all the many finds you make of things related to Billy Elliot. And all of us at the Forum are certainly happy you have that gift, because it's fun reading all the articles you find.

On the matter of my new article, I am not prone to self promotion, nor do I think there would be much new for the average Forum member in the articles, as many here know far more about the subject than I. But I would surely welcome the comments of any Forum member.

FYI, I plan on doing four more of the Meet the Billys articles, covering all the current Billys on Broadway and in the West End, two at a time. The first of the series covered outgoing Billys Tanner Pflueger and Kiril Kulish and I'm just beginning work on one about Brad Wilson and David Alvarez.

Thanks, again for "discovering" me. :)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

porschesrule wrote:Busy? You should talk, Ellen. You certainly have a "nose for news" with all the many finds you make of things related to Billy Elliot. And all of us at the Forum are certainly happy you have that gift, because it's fun reading all the articles you find.

On the matter of my new article, I am not prone to self promotion, nor do I think there would be much new for the average Forum member in the articles, as many here know far more about the subject than I. But I would surely welcome the comments of any Forum member.

FYI, I plan on doing four more of the Meet the Billys articles, covering all the current Billys on Broadway and in the West End, two at a time. The first of the series covered outgoing Billys Tanner Pflueger and Kiril Kulish and I'm just beginning work on one about Brad Wilson and David Alvarez.

Thanks, again for "discovering" me. :)
Blame it on google alerts. :D
Ellen

Return to “Information/Questions about BETM”