October 2009 Reviews - London

Chris
Tall Boy

Re: October 2009 - UK Reviews

Post by Chris »

han25 wrote:Did anybody else see Bonnie Langford at Brad's last show? I was very suprised when i saw her walk out of the theatre afterwards :lol:
I wasn't there, but I've often thought that Bonnie would make a rather good Mrs Wilkinson.
"In everything you do, always be yourself"
han25
Small Boy

Post by han25 »

Ohh i see :) and haha :lol: my mum was suprised i knew who she was, i only knew because she was on dancing on ice once! and yes i can imagine her being a really good mrs wilkinson too now you said that Chris, she is a really good dancer ;) :)
Billy : Matthew x1 Trent x1 Layton x2 Ollie x3 Tom x3 Tanner x2 Brad x1 Dean x1
Michael : Shaun x4 George x3 Lewis x1 Jake x3 Connor x1 Connor K x1 Joe x1
Debbie : Leyci x2 Scarlet x2 Alicia x1 Annabelle x1 Fleur x4 Francesca x4

31/3/10- One of the best nights of my life...

Howdo
Audience Member

Post by Howdo »

patc wrote:Thursday Matinee 15th October

Brad, George, Annabelle
Phil as Mr. B
Daniel Ioannou as Older Billy
Rhona as Dead Mum

Thursday Matineers have been starved of Brad so everyone of us was delighted to see his name on the board with his leaving date being so close. I was particularly glad for those regulars who can't make it to his last show.
It is such a joy to see the Billys smiling and happy and Brad's smile at the end of a majestic ballet Electricity was proof positive that he knew he had just delivered something very special. There was a video camera mounted at the sound desk so it looks as if this sensational performance is on tape for posterity.
All I can say is I wish he was staying on because, well, he is the complete package and losing this kind of talent is heartbreaking. Not to mention he is the last of the Ballet Billys.

I especially also want to congratulate Daniel for a magnificent Dream Ballet scene, one of the most difficult scenes to do, if not THE most difficult. It was beautifully done and, as usual, brought me to tears of appreciation.

David Nellist is just hilarious as George and gets even better every time I see him. In a few short weeks he has put a whole new slant on it and the crowd really enjoys him. He didn't use "that joke" in today's performance but you wait and wonder what he will come up with next.

Phil Snowden was supposed to be playing Dad according to the notice on the Box-Office window but it wasn't to be. Instead he gave us his own unique brand of Mr. B. :lol:

Rhona played Dead Mum with such gentleness and she and Brad had the hankies/tissues in full swing in the Letter.

So many words have already been written about George and Annabelle that it's useless trying to find better ones. This "senior" pair are at the very top of their roles and never fail to light up the VPT when they are on the stage.

Joanna has already stamped her class as Mrs. W and, despite her apparent "harsher" approach, the final goodbye to Billy gets more gut-wrenching every show.

The "fourth" MD was in charge of the music and did a fantastic job.

Not a fly in sight at the VPT during today's three hours of magic. Looks like they weren't too impressed with the way Fox dealt with the errant one and have vamoosed.

BTW, the fate of the sensational new Toffee Ice Cream is now in the hands of the management after the trial period. Fingers (and toes) crossed that it stays in the trays.

Pat
I was there for this performance with my son for the first time ever. have been desperate to see the show ever since it was announced that the film was being turned into a musical. we left the theatre in stunned silence with the complete performance we had witnessed. The whole cast were exceptional, Brad was sensational. i have booked again for the matinee this coming Saturday and can't wait especially as there is a whisper that Brad may be doing this one (can anyone confirm this).
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

He might be, but he might not. Please know that whichever Billy you see, you will be in for a wonderful experience.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Hope you enjoy it here. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
billyforlife
Tall Boy

Post by billyforlife »

Welcome to the forum, Howdo. May I just mention that you have the best icon EVER! You're lucky you got to see Brad perform just before his leaving date, I haven't seen him but have heard so many great things about him. As ERinVA said, every Billy is fantastic whatever interpretation they bring to the role and I'm sure it won't be too long until you're completely addicted like us :D :D
"She must have been a very special woman..."
"No, she was just me mam."

Melbourne: Josh D, Josh WG
Broadway: Peter, Dayton
London: Harris, Redmand, Ali x3
Howdo
Audience Member

Post by Howdo »

billyforlife wrote:Welcome to the forum, Howdo. May I just mention that you have the best icon EVER! You're lucky you got to see Brad perform just before his leaving date, I haven't seen him but have heard so many great things about him. As ERinVA said, every Billy is fantastic whatever interpretation they bring to the role and I'm sure it won't be too long until you're completely addicted like us :D :D
thank you for the welcomes. Todays matinee was Ollie and was excellent.

Return to “Reviews Archive”