Closing weekend meet-ups

LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Closing weekend meet-ups

Post by LiamM »

The final weekend will provide lots of opportunities for fans to have meals together, etc. If you would like to do something and invite others, use this thread.

Is anyone interested in seeing Daldry's Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close? I would like to see it sometime before the Fan Celebration, perhaps Thursday evening. Anyone know where it is playing near Times Square?
mxmx
Small Boy

Re: Closing weekend meet-ups

Post by mxmx »

It's playing at the Regal cinema in Herald Square, short walk from Times Square if the weather's okay. It's also at another theatre up by Lincoln Center. Tough call. I can understand the desire to have seen it prior to meeting the director the next day, but the mood of the film is at odds with the main event of the weekend.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I am planning to see it, but probably not until the Monday following the final show.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Liam, I doubt I'll be making it into the city Thursday too and won't have time at all Friday through Sunday (then back to work Monday) so I unfortunately have to pass on the movie. =/

I hope to spend quality time (if not high quantities of time) with as many of my fellow fan friends as possible this coming weekend. It's good to keep in mind that we are a very, VERY large group now, so coordinating dozens of people for shared meals will be difficult and really impossible at this point. That means that we're going to all have to make choices, and those choices are unfortunately going to mean spending more time with some than others.

Most probably don't need this reminder, but it's worth saying: Don't be hurt or upset if you miss the news about where people are heading for lunch, dinner, drinks, et cetera. It's happened at even small group gatherings that sometimes people get mistakenly left out of plans. If you want to catch up with certain people, make sure folks have your cell number and/or that you have theirs. By the way, I must take my own advice on this, as I've often learned subsequently of plans I didn't know about. It happens. And it'll happen again. =)

Another good reminder is that not all of the familiar faces from stage door are here on this Forum or on Friends of Billy. Some may be members but don't check the Forum or won't be checking in here this week/weekend with all of the activity going on.

What matters most is that the friendships we have made because of Billy Elliot will only continue to strengthen after Sunday!!! :D

Sorry if this came across too negative, :) but I just wanted to make sure people out there reading this thread don't feel left out at all this weekend! Looking forward to seeing so many of you and hopefully meeting more of you who I have not yet had the pleasure of getting to know in person! Anyone who knows me and wants my cell number for texts, please feel free to PM me for that and/or give me yours. All of my seats for the 4 weekend shows are on "Uncle Dave"'s chart here: http://www.smallmomentsofgrace.com/seat ... 326002400/

Sad about this weekend, but very happy to be seeing so many great friends as always!!!!!!
Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Mike
Ballet Girl

Post by Mike »

it would really be nice if before the show on Sunday we all could meet somewhere near the Theater and walk there as a group to show our solidarity support of the show and cast.. :D :D
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

A sort of picket line? There are often lots of police in Times Square to complete the picture. ;)
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

Perhaps we should meet at the red steps in Times Square (above the tkts booth) at 1:00 PM on Sunday. We can break into manageable-sized groups to go have lunch (I doubt any one restaurant could hold us all). That will give enough time for lunch before the show at 3:00 PM.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

That sounds like a good idea. Most "leaving shows" have been in the evenings, and groups of fans met somewhere for dinner prior to the show. We should try for a group lunch/brunch somewhere, or break into smaller groups if need be.

Those who are attending Thommie's Farewell Celebration on Friday will get special black t-shirts commemorating the event. They look amazing! http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 7270_n.jpg
I think it would be good if we all wear them at the show Sunday. Yes it is winter, but you can wear a t-shirt over another long sleeved shirt.
:/

Return to “Broadway Archive”