When are you going to see BETM Broadway next?

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: When are you going to see BETM Broadway next?

Post by ERinVA »

50 years for How to Succeed, for example. 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ActingDude17
Tall Boy

Post by ActingDude17 »

On the other hand, it took Rent less than three years to receive an off-Broadway revival.
UK/Ireland Tour
Billy: Lewis Smallman
Michael: Elliot Stiff

2nd American Tour
Billy: Giuseppe Bausilio, Michael Dameski, Ty Forhan
Michael: Griffin Birney x2, Cameron Clifford
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

ERinVA wrote:50 years for How to Succeed, for example. 8-)
I'll only be 96...naw I'll wait for 50 th anv show in London.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

'Like all life's indulgences, BETM is healthy for you if taken in moderation. Taken in excess, it can lead to cold sweats, sleepless nights, lack of focus at work and a desire to eat mouldy pasties from the Co-Op.

Directions: see one performance with a friend every two months or so. Not to exceed six performances in a year. Should an overwhelming desire to see the musical return, seek solace from friends at the BillyElliotForum.'
:lol:
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

kport wrote:Directions: see one performance with a friend every two months or so. Not to exceed six performances in a year. :lol:
Thanks for that prescription kport. Many of us have gone way beyond the six performances/year recommended maximum dosage. Our withdrawal will be difficult. :oops:
:/
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

If you asked me before the show closed about seeing the new Matthew Broderick play there when it opens, I'd have said, "Maybe, but it'd be weird to be back in there with a different show." If you asked me today though, I'm thinking I'd love to just get back into that building again and feel the electricity still in the air.

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

angelenroute wrote:If you asked me before the show closed about seeing the new Matthew Broderick play there when it opens, I'd have said, "Maybe, but it'd be weird to be back in there with a different show." If you asked me today though, I'm thinking I'd love to just get back into that building again and feel the electricity still in the air.

Sean
In visiting with some of the theater staff this past weekend, it turns out that several of them will be back there working when the Matthew Broderick play opens there. So at least there would be some familiar faces around there most likely, should you return.

One of the things I've thought of as I've tried to stay positive throughout the closing of the show is that many of the performers whom we've grown to know and to love will most likely be back in future shows. Haydn Gwynne, for example, is appearing in "Richard III" at the Brooklyn Academy of Music now through March 4. So hopefully many of us will get to return to New York in the not-too-distant future saying, "I'm going to see several shows in New York because I know people in all of them who I met when they were in 'Billy Elliot.' "
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Todd wrote: So hopefully many of us will get to return to New York in the not-too-distant future saying, "I'm going to see these three shows because I know people in all three of them I met when they were in 'Billy Elliot.' "

That's a great way of looking at things Todd. :D
:/

Return to “Broadway Archive”