Minneapolis, MN

Todd
Dad

Re: BETM Minneapolis

Post by Todd »

Here's an excellent review from the Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine Arts and Entertainment editor. He mentions many of the same things that I hold near and dear to my heart about the show . . . . . http://blogs.mspmag.com/themorningafter ... usica.html
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

This has also been posted in the Minneapolis Reviews section.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Born to Boogie
Tall Boy

Post by Born to Boogie »

Delta are the most 'musical friendly' airline I've travelled with for a while. They had 'Billy', 'Wicked', 'Next to Normal' plus a range of others on offer in their 'inflight' CD collection - which kept me occupied on the journey over. Picked up my tickets from the Orpheum this morning and spent the afternoon dodging the raindrops and taking photos of a cherry stuck on a spoon. Spotted on the map today that there's an 'Elliot Street' in Minneapolis. First show tomorrow evening - yey!
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

That's excellent news!!! How many times can I listen to BETM on a 12 hour flight from Athens to NY on Tuesday :lol: :lol: ??
Enjoy your time in Minneapolis Born to Boogie!!!!
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
Born to Boogie
Tall Boy

Post by Born to Boogie »

athadj wrote:That's excellent news!!! How many times can I listen to BETM on a 12 hour flight from Athens to NY on Tuesday :lol: :lol: ??
Enjoy your time in Minneapolis Born to Boogie!!!!
Thanks athadj. Interesting time at the show tonight - will gather my thoughts and post a review tomorrow. Happy New Year from here in Minneapolis to everyone on the forum and to everyone involved in the show worldwide past and present. 45 minutes of 2010 still to go here and then bring on 2011....!
mrmikerocks
Miner

Re: Minneapolis, MN

Post by mrmikerocks »

I just received my Billy Elliot Banner today. I spoke to the Orpheum Theater in Minneapolis and they sent me the banner. It was 25.00 for the banner. It is 4 feet by 6 feet. It looks awesome.
tzwicky
George

Ummmmm, size matters????

Post by tzwicky »

My poster, from an overrun of subway posters from Broadway Billy (which is a version of the show I've never actually experienced), runs 4 by 5 feet and is horizontally oriented.

So, yours is bigger than mine. Your poster!

I have the perfect living room wall for such a huge thing such as this, but I have not found the time to prep the wall, make sure the poster is centered on the blank wall versus the furniture in the room, and stuff like that. Mine is actually a ginormous poster made from high sheen contact paper. But I am going to have grommets added to mine so it can hang, rather than relying on the sticky contact glue to remain in working condition, always.

tzwicky
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I have wallboard instead of plaster walls, so push pins worked fine for mine. It's in my "office" right behind my chair. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

I actually just ordered my second one. No need for paint or wallpaper. :lol:
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

A youtube video from Twin Cities Live in Minneapolis. The BETM section starts at 2:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PliKtGxC ... r_embedded
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”