Day seats

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Day seats

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome, Jess06. :D I hope you are able to get a good seat. Once you have seen the show, please tell us about your experience.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Jess06
Audience Member

Post by Jess06 »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I saw Billy for the first time last year october with Adam. After that performance I decided to see the show again that week. And then I saw Ryan!
And now almost a year later I will see the show with one of my best friends so we make a trip to londen! Can't wait to see it again!

Thanks for the information, I booked 2 tickets for Row B 16-17 for 27aug. They are ristricted view. But how ristriced is it?
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

These are excellent seats, Jess06, very close to the stage, so close to all the action. However, your eyes are only at stage level so your view of everyone's feet is a little restricted.
Jess06
Audience Member

Post by Jess06 »

Thanks dancingboy!

:mrgreen:
jaj2636
Small Boy

Post by jaj2636 »

Is it easy to get day tickets and are they much cheaper or depends on the seat?

Thanks

Joe
Lightman7
Small Boy

Post by Lightman7 »

jaj2636 wrote:Is it easy to get day tickets and are they much cheaper or depends on the seat?

Thanks

Joe
I will let others more knowledgable chime in, but last November for a Thursday matinee, I got a day ticket on an hours whim that was first row balcony dead center. I want to say it was maybe 20% cheaper than advance purchase. I don't think many performances are 100% sold out in advance, although matinees seem most popular, so I assume day tickets are frequently available, but your seating will vary.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Lightman, by "balcony" do you mean the Dress Circle (which we Americans usually call the "mezzanine")or the Grand Circle (which we call the "balcony")?

Actual "day seats" are those which are not available through advance booking. This is different from purchasing a last minute ticket on the day of performance. Currently, the day seats are all the seats in Row A of the stalls. These tickets go on sale at 10:30 a.m. at the Victoria Palace box office, and they must be purchased with a debit or credit card, no cash. Each purchaser may buy a maximum of two tickets. I believe that occasionally some Grand Circle tickets are made available as day seats, but I'm not sure about this. I expect someone on here can answer that, though.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jaj2636
Small Boy

Post by jaj2636 »

Yes I thought so, By day tickets i meant 'buy on the day' at box office

Joe
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

You can buy any available seat on the day of the performance, but the seats are not discounted from their normal prices.
Ellen

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

They have now changed the time that Day Seats go on sale to 10.00am

Last year they had ordinary seats on sale at 10.00am and Day Seats at 10.30am. It was causing chaos at the box office to they reverted to 10.00am for all.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”