Publicity for Sao Paulo, Brazil

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Publicity for Sao Paulo, Brazil

Post by ERinVA »

I don't see that point about Grand Rapids and Hartford. I realize there's a hiatus beforehand, but that has been the case several times during this tour, so it seems no different to me. Who knows? The tour might bounce back into the US after Sao Paulo, or it might do more of South America. Or, it might head somewhere else, like Europe. And I do expect this is a continuation of the NetWorks tour, and not a different tour with another company.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jotunheim
Tall Boy

Post by jotunheim »

I agree - this would make sense to be an extension of the NetWorks tour.

Though I would like to see it continue in the US without any extended absence here, I am very happy to see this. This offers a lot more hope that after perhaps a year of touring abroad, it will come back to the US and revisit the cities it has done in the past.
North American Tour - (15):

Milwaukee, WI - July 2012 - (1): Noah
St. Paul, MN - October 2012 - (4): Ben x2, Zach, Noah
Omaha, NE - December 2012 - (3): Ben x2, Noah
E. Lansing, MI - January 2013 - (3): Mitchell/Ben (split), Drew, Noah
San Diego, CA - May 2013 - (1): Mitchell/Noah (split)
Grand Rapids, MI - June 2013 - (3): Mitchell, Drew, Noah
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I think the hiatus between San Jose (has Las Vegas been scrapped? It has disappeared from the Tour website) and Grand Rapids was a gap that just couldn't be filled with worthwhile venues. And I suspect that Hartford was chosen to end the present NA tour due to its proximity to NYC. I can see the period after Hartford as a well needed break for the cast and crew before the next leg; some changes of cast to become the 'overseas' international touring cast; and for the set, props and costumes to be refurbished, and adapted for container shipping, probably by sea, which would take at least two weeks.
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

When I was in Ottawa, a member of the company told me that they had been told they might be going to Brazil as the final stop after Hartford. Since it was neither finalized nor announced, he asked me not to share that information until a public announcement.

I wonder about the economics of it, with all the expense of getting everyone and everything down there for a run of just 16 days. I'm sure they have it figured out. It's great to see the show going to its fifth continent.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

LiamM wrote:When I was in Ottawa, a member of the company told me that they had been told they might be going to Brazil as the final stop after Hartford. Since it was neither finalized nor announced, he asked me not to share that information until a public announcement.

I wonder about the economics of it, with all the expense of getting everyone and everything down there for a run of just 16 days. I'm sure they have it figured out. It's great to see the show going to its fifth continent.
We will have to wait and see what happens. I would have thought that the producers of the franchise would be willing to take a financial risk to test the waters in South America, especially since the cast, crew and set are 100% ready to go. It is a rare opportunity.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I agree. It seems a bit much to go all the way to South America for only a two-week stop.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

deebeeeff wrote: So when are we all going to Brazil?
Airfare for me would be $1246 so unless the show comes back to North America after Brazil, Hartford will be the official end-of-tour stop for me.
jotunheim
Tall Boy

Post by jotunheim »

Rich - I was thinking the same thing.

As much as I would want to support the tour, I would probably see the London production if funds would allow - given the high costs to travel internationally. I have a lot more things on my "to-do" list there than I would in Brazil, and London seems a lot less risky from a safety standpoint. I would admit this might be an outdated perception, so please correct me if I am wrong.
North American Tour - (15):

Milwaukee, WI - July 2012 - (1): Noah
St. Paul, MN - October 2012 - (4): Ben x2, Zach, Noah
Omaha, NE - December 2012 - (3): Ben x2, Noah
E. Lansing, MI - January 2013 - (3): Mitchell/Ben (split), Drew, Noah
San Diego, CA - May 2013 - (1): Mitchell/Noah (split)
Grand Rapids, MI - June 2013 - (3): Mitchell, Drew, Noah
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Rich B wrote:Airfare for me would be $1246
Maybe THIS is the reason why the Tour was thinking of getting us all interested in Las Vegas first. Win some money for the trip to Brazil! ;)
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

angelenroute wrote:
Rich B wrote:Airfare for me would be $1246
Maybe THIS is the reason why the Tour was thinking of getting us all interested in Las Vegas first. Win some money for the trip to Brazil! ;)
Off topic, but is Las Vegas still on the tour itinerary? I cannot find it listed on the official tour page. Is it listed elsewhere?

http://www.billyelliottour.com/us-tour-tickets

Return to “Publicity - US/CA Tour Archive”