Day seats confusion

SolidarityForever
Small Boy

Re: Day seats confusion

Post by SolidarityForever »

One more question, does it have to be a credit card or can it be any other card? I have a Dutch debit card...
Terpsichore
Audience Member

Post by Terpsichore »

it says credit card only on the sign and they ask for it at the box office...
maybe you could team up with someone who is waiting aswell?
SolidarityForever
Small Boy

Okay... Well I hope so. Do you have any idea of why that is? Because I do have this pre-paid credit card I used to buy tickets online. What do you think, would that work?
Terpsichore
Audience Member

Post by Terpsichore »

oooh that one should work! my friend uses one of those and has done so at the VPT aswell...

why? no idea, I'm not used to it either... at least I haven't come across another box office who does only accept credit cards...
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Debit cards are quite acceptable. However, if the Dutch debit card does not work at the box office you will be told and, obviously some other card will be required.
SolidarityForever
Small Boy

Okay great! I'm just going to bring both cards and cash, I think I'll be fine :lol:
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

SolidarityForever wrote:One more question, does it have to be a credit card or can it be any other card? I have a Dutch debit card...
I use a US VISA credit card with no problem. Any card with VISA or Mastercard seems to work in London, though it is always a good idea to inform the bank that you will be using it abroad.

Regarding Day Seats: had you turned up this morning, you would have had quite a choice. The matinee was seriously lacking patrons. The Grand Circle was empty - I presume those ticketed there were upgraded to the Dress Circle, which was about 75% full. The Stalls were about two thirds full. Row B left had eight empty seats - these rarely are empty - and the row behind had only 7 sold seats. I have never seen such a thin House in November, but I was assured it does happen. I am sure anyone needing a Day Seat would have been welcomed with open arms!
SolidarityForever
Small Boy

kport wrote:
SolidarityForever wrote:One more question, does it have to be a credit card or can it be any other card? I have a Dutch debit card...
I use a US VISA credit card with no problem. Any card with VISA or Mastercard seems to work in London, though it is always a good idea to inform the bank that you will be using it abroad.
Ah okay, I have a VISA debit card. Like a pay as you go card, I hope it works.
kport wrote:Regarding Day Seats: had you turned up this morning, you would have had quite a choice. The matinee was seriously lacking patrons. The Grand Circle was empty - I presume those ticketed there were upgraded to the Dress Circle, which was about 75% full. The Stalls were about two thirds full. Row B left had eight empty seats - these rarely are empty - and the row behind had only 7 sold seats. I have never seen such a thin House in November, but I was assured it does happen. I am sure anyone needing a Day Seat would have been welcomed with open arms!
I think it's different on Fridays. Let's see. I don't know at what time I should go there though, I hope there isn't a queue when I get there at about 9.
SolidarityForever
Small Boy

OliverWaters wrote: As far as I know day seats are usually cheaper and there are great seats available ;)
Oh that's interesting, if you do get day seats let us know how much cheaper it is? Next time I go to that London I might just swing by rather than book in advance.[/quote]

Got there between 8:45 and 9:00 and got seat A8, which is a good one, front row! For 28,50. There weren't so many people but I'm glad I was there a little early.
Can't wait for the show tonight :mrgreen:
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

SolidarityForever wrote:
OliverWaters wrote: As far as I know day seats are usually cheaper and there are great seats available ;)
Oh that's interesting, if you do get day seats let us know how much cheaper it is? Next time I go to that London I might just swing by rather than book in advance.
Got there between 8:45 and 9:00 and got seat A8, which is a good one, front row! For 28,50. There weren't so many people but I'm glad I was there a little early.
Can't wait for the show tonight :mrgreen:[/quote]

The cost of the Day Seats is £20.70 Monday to Thursday and £28.70 Friday and Saturday. You cannot get them any cheaper than that.

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”