Dillon Stevens: Michael, Chicago and Toronto

Theblueguru
Audience Member

Re: Dillon Stevens: Michael, Chicago and Toronto

Post by Theblueguru »

CJ-Rochester wrote:What is Hootenanny, some kind of open mic thing for the cast? I know this is in the lobby of the theatre, and see others in the company watching (Julian is sitting on the steps behind Dillon).

I'm trying to find out from Dillon right now. Just need him to pick up the phone ;-)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

For those of you who are wondering who is trying to call Dillon, it's his dad. ;)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
muck912
Tall Boy

Post by muck912 »

Anyone know what Dillon is doing after September 3?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Most likely returning home to NC and school. That would be my guess.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
eaglegray
Audience Member

Dillon Stevens -- a most amazing Michael

Post by eaglegray »

I saw Billy Elliot for the first time last night in Toronto (Sat. July 30, 2011). It was simply wonderful. The whole cast performed with the highest energy. I have been a passionate musical theatre-goer for over 40 years, and I have never been so impressed by the performance of a child in live theatre as I was with the performance of Dillon Stevens in the role of Michael. He truly was luminous on stage, his big 'cross-dressing number' was one of the great highlights of the show. This boy simply vibrates with talent, a musical theatre prodigy in every sense of the word. He's blond and cute (which doesn't hurt), he emotes with precocious skill, tap dances a storm, and sends out sparkles all over the stage.
I stood up and started the chorus of Bravos at the end of his big number with Billy.
(Btw, although a full-house, I thought it was a relatively subdued audience last night. Perhaps late-run audiences are less theatre-smart, I'm not sure. I know that at intermission I noticed that the house was an extremely multi-cultural mix. So I began to wonder how many may have been nonplussed by the Newcastle accents and expressions, and missed some of the dialogue, especially the gag lines.)
I have to add this: My praise for Dillon in no way takes away from the brilliance of Myles Erlick, who played Billy last night here. Myles played the title role wonderfully, acting sensitively, singing movingly, and dancing so skillfully. And btw, I thought Myles had the best Newcastle accent of any in the cast, including the adults. Amazing for a 12-year-old Canadian boy! In fact, performing the astoundingly difficult role of Billy Elliot is nothing less than an amazing feat for any boy.
It is clear that all the BETM boys are obviously very special talents. I have only seen this one live performance, but I've seen other Billys performing set pieces on YouTube, and all of them are absolutely prodigious. :D
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, eaglegray. I hope you will enjoy it here. :D

I have merged your thread with Dillon's existing thread, as we try not to create duplicates if at all possible. Please let me or one of the other staff members know if you have any questions about where to locate a new post, and we will be happy to help.
Ellen

Born to Boogie
Tall Boy

Post by Born to Boogie »

Dillon just posted on his public Tumblr shortnscrappy.tumblr.com that JP is visiting him in Toronto tomorrow. I suspect from his post that BE Brothers fans may not have to wait too long now for the next vlog installment - BE Brothers reunited?! :D
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

No! Of course not! 8-) (Yes, I'm sure they would. ;) )
Ellen

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Ty, Dillon, and Marcus take a walk on the edge of the top of the CN Tower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WchhWW3y ... ideo_title

There are also pictures on Dillon's public fan page on Facebook. I love the last one in this set, with all three of them leaning back, over the edge of the world. :P
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 354&type=1
:/
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

So is this curtains for Dillon? I could see Disney snapping him up for one of their programs. He is one cheeky monkey!

Return to “Cast - Toronto”