Billy Elliot NY to close!

rickyfc
Small Boy

Re: Billy Elliot NY to close!

Post by rickyfc »

I really hope for you guys that are going that they do something special, too. It's the right thing to do. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, too!
BEF
Small Boy

Post by BEF »

So do I !!
It will be Special if former & current US Billys gather like the finale of London 5th Anniversary :P
Tom Billydutch
Audience Member

Post by Tom Billydutch »

A Broadway show that has won 10 (Ten! TEN!!!) Tony awards is a legend. It's impossible not to make something special of the last show of such a glorious production. I'm confident on the 8th of January we'll see something we'll never forget.
London:
Travis x 3, Leon, Josh, Tom x 2, Fox x 2, Ollie, Dean-Charles x 4, Aaron, Josh x 2, Adam x 2, Harris x 2, Redmand, Tade

NY: Tanner, David x 2, Trent, Kiril, Alex x 2, Michael, Liam x 2, Tade, Joseph
+ the unforgettable last performance on Sun jan 8th 2012

Always be yourself.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Well, I'm committed to going now. I just received in the mail my ticket for the final show - same seat, A112, as I had ordered for the original 2 pm matinee show, but now showing a 3 pm time. And I had enough frequent flier miles for a free airline ticket, so I'll be flying to NYC Thursday, Jan 5., and returning Monday Jan 9. During that period, I'll be seeing the last four performances of BETM on Broadway. I'll be staying at the same hotel as I had for the 1st preview performances, The Doubletree Suites on Times Square. (With that suite, I could throw a small party!) Believe it or not, that swank hotel is actually affordable the first week in January, about $179 per night. :D
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

johnnyc wrote:Well, I'm committed to going now. I just received in the mail my ticket for the final show - same seat, A112, as I had ordered for the original 2 pm matinee show, but now showing a 3 pm time.
When I called telecharge, they told me I could just use my original 2 p.m. ticket for the new 3 p.m. show. Did you hear something different, since you said you got a new ticket showing 3 p.m. as the start time ?
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Todd wrote:When I called telecharge, they told me I could just use my original 2 p.m. ticket for the new 3 p.m. show. Did you hear something different, since you said you got a new ticket showing 3 p.m. as the start time ?
I never received a 2 pm ticket, only the one showing 3 pm.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I take it that you asked for your ticket by mail, johnnyc, instead of receiving it by email.

Todd, I always get mine by email, which is what I gather you do as well. If you go to your telecharge account and type in your confirmation number, you will see that the time listed for that confirmed ticket was changed to 3 PM, even though the PDF that you print out will say 2 PM.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

ERinVA wrote:I take it that you asked for your ticket by mail, johnnyc, instead of receiving it
Yes, that's correct.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

ERinVA wrote:I take it that you asked for your ticket by mail, johnnyc, instead of receiving it by email.

Todd, I always get mine by email, which is what I gather you do as well. .
I've done it both ways, but this time I decided to have them mail me an actual ticket. Thought it might be nice to have one as a souvenir for the last show. The ones they mailed me said 2 p.m.

I thought it was a little strange that they called me a few days after I'd purchased them and asked if I had intended to purchase tickets for both the Sunday shows. (Guess they figured, "Who would go see the same show twice in the same day??" ha ha) Kind of weird, because I've done that before and no one's ever called me to make sure I didn't accidentally make a mistake. A couple of days later, they announced the cancellation of the Sunday night show. Kind of makes me wonder if they knew they might be cancelling that show and they wanted to free up some seats for the "new" last show.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Todd wrote: I thought it was a little strange that they called me a few days after I'd purchased them and asked if I had intended to purchase tickets for both the Sunday shows. (Guess they figured, "Who would go see the same show twice in the same day??" ha ha)
Telecharge called me a couple years ago with the same question, on the first time I purchased tickets for consecutive shows. After that they never called me again. Perhaps they just note us in their files as nutcases or something. ;)
:/

Return to “Broadway Archive”