Chicago Publicity

Post links to articles, video clips, etc., that publicize the show
athadj
Miner

Re: Chicago Publicity

Post by athadj »

Thanks for that, it was a great interview. I also learned a new thing: That there is no Billy house in the US? The boys actually live with their parents! Wow that must cost the production company a looooot of money-lol. Still it does make sense as the US is huge compared to the UK and parents would not be able to be with their kids so often. But it does mean that they have to give up jobs (and pretty much their lives) to be with the child...I guess it is the same in NY too?
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

athadj wrote:Thanks for that, it was a great interview. I also learned a new thing: That there is no Billy house in the US? The boys actually live with their parents! Wow that must cost the production company a looooot of money-lol. Still it does make sense as the US is huge compared to the UK and parents would not be able to be with their kids so often. But it does mean that they have to give up jobs (and pretty much their lives) to be with the child...I guess it is the same in NY too?
There is no Billy House anywhere in the US.

While renumeration and other monetary considerations are strictly between the actors and the company and are really none of our business, my understanding is that the production company in the US generally does not pay for housing. That could very well change with the 2nd Tour, however, as the cast/crew will be literally living out of a suitcase with the 2-3 week stops they'll be making in each Tour city.

Your last sentence couldn't be truer, athadj. Families of the younger cast members have sacrificed much so their children can follow their dreams. Very often families are split between their hometowns and the city in which the child is acting. I greatly admire the parents and siblings of these kids for the many sacrifices they make.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I just finished watching the video. It is hands down one of the best I have seen with any Billys anywhere.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

porschesrule wrote:
athadj wrote:Thanks for that, it was a great interview. I also learned a new thing: That there is no Billy house in the US? The boys actually live with their parents! Wow that must cost the production company a looooot of money-lol. Still it does make sense as the US is huge compared to the UK and parents would not be able to be with their kids so often. But it does mean that they have to give up jobs (and pretty much their lives) to be with the child...I guess it is the same in NY too?
There is no Billy House anywhere in the US.

While renumeration and other monetary considerations are strictly between the actors and the company and are really none of our business, my understanding is that the production company in the US generally does not pay for housing. That could very well change with the 2nd Tour, however, as the cast/crew will be literally living out of a suitcase with the 2-3 week stops they'll be making in each Tour city.

Your last sentence couldn't be truer, athadj. Families of the younger cast members have sacrificed much so their children can follow their dreams. Very often families are split between their hometowns and the city in which the child is acting. I greatly admire the parents and siblings of these kids for the many sacrifices they make.
The housing situation in the US does not just apply to BETM kids. The families of any children who come to NY or Chicago to perform in a show must all make their own living arrangements in order for the kids to follow their dreams of performing. Also, when kids go out on a road tour, some family member must go along with each child as well. It is very hard on the families, and they must be extraordinarily dedicated to their children's dreams in order to do this. In addition, in BETM NY and Chicago, while tutoring is provided for some of the kids (notably , the Billys and Michaels), it is not provided for all (notably, the ballet girls), so many meet their education requirements through home schooling programs.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

It was a very nice interview. I was surprised that at the end none of the boys were able to say anything about what they are doing after the show closes in Chicago. I thought it was a given that this production will be moving to Toronto, with at least a couple of the Billys. Perhaps they aren't allowed to speak publicly about such matters.
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

CJ-Rochester wrote:It was a very nice interview. I was surprised that at the end none of the boys were able to say anything about what they are doing after the show closes in Chicago. I thought it was a given that this production will be moving to Toronto, with at least a couple of the Billys. Perhaps they aren't allowed to speak publicly about such matters.
The announcement has been made that the show is moving to Toronto. But there haven't been any official announcements about the cast for the show. It's very likely the boys were told not to say anything about what their futures hold until the company makes official announcements.
tbd
Small Boy

Post by tbd »

Also, remember that this is not a live interview. Perhaps that Toronto announcement hadn't been made on the date of the interview...
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

The BETM kids are "Cooking with Kids" the next two Fridays in Chicago:

http://www.broadwayinchicago.com/backtoschool.php
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

ERinVA wrote:I just finished watching the video. It is hands down one of the best I have seen with any Billys anywhere.
I would definitely agree. Much credit should be given to the interviewer who let the kids speak and didn't interrupt them, didn't ask silly or embarrassing questions, was prepared for the interview, and seemed to genuinely like kids and respected them.

Neat also to see how the 4 boys seem to be the same, easy-going persons on camera as they are when meeting the fans at the stage door. Nice to hear them speak of being good friends away from the theater, as it shows in the way they seem to enjoy being around each other in this informative and enjoyable interview.
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Todd wrote:
ERinVA wrote:I just finished watching the video. It is hands down one of the best I have seen with any Billys anywhere.
I would definitely agree. Much credit should be given to the interviewer who let the kids speak and didn't interrupt them, didn't ask silly or embarrassing questions, was prepared for the interview, and seemed to genuinely like kids and respected them.
Yes, I really enjoyed this interview - and agree with Todd that much credit should be given to the interviewer - he really seemed to be enjoying the boys, and he was good about making sure each had an opportunity to answer. And the boys were funny and interesting. What a great interview! Well done to all involved!

maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!

Return to “Publicity - Chicago”