Love Never Dies

Chat about other shows here
billybuddies4eva
Tall Boy

Re: Love Never Dies

Post by billybuddies4eva »

Does anyone know why Sally Dexter is on the Cast Recording, however, does not actually play Madame Giry in the show ???

Corey x3 Layton x3 Josh x2 Tanner x3 Brad x2 Hogan x1 Sam x1 Liam x1 Travis x1 Ollie x2 Fox 1 Trent x0.5 Davidx0.5

Shaun x4 Jonty x3 George x3 Ryan x2 Dean x2 Daniel x2 George x3 Brad x1 Jake x2 Keane x1 Connor x1
jon01
Miner

Post by jon01 »

Great performance from Harry Child as Gustave at West End Live today, he was singing 'The Beauty Underneath' with the Phantom (Ramin Karimloo)

(Click to enlarge)

Jon
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Was about 10-15 mins late starting. Don't know why.

Saw this again on Saturday from a more central position and perspective in the dress circle - which was great for seeing the spectacular projections and effects in the first 20 mins.

I think the soundtrack is one of Lloyd Webber's finest scores. Just beautiful - I love listening to it!

'Til I Hear You Sing' was spinetingly good!

We had Ramin as the Phantom and the understudy Christine, both were superb. Richard Linnell played Gustave in Act 1, but was replaced by Alexander Hockaday in Act 2. Not sure why.

I think I'm going to have to go again soon! :)
jon01
Miner

Post by jon01 »

All the show's Gustave's are being replaced this week with 6 new lads:

http://www.loveneverdies.com/blog/2010/ ... -gustaves/

http://www.loveneverdies.com/the-show/cast-list/

Jon
Dancer
Ballet Girl

Post by Dancer »

Thanks for the update, Jon, and interesting video. Sounds like half the new Gustaves have been in Oliver! Richard Linnell did has final show last Saturday and as I walked past the theatre on Wednesday, Tyler Fagan and Alex Hockaday's names were on the board. I've seen the show six times now and got Richard Linnell and Harry Child three times each as Gustave.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

jon01 wrote:All the show's Gustave's are being replaced this week with 6 new lads:

http://www.loveneverdies.com/blog/2010/ ... -gustaves/

http://www.loveneverdies.com/the-show/cast-list/

Jon
Shame we didn't get to find out when their last nights were in advance so that we could have gone if we wanted! :? :|

All the best to the new guys though! I am tempted to go this coming week.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I really enjoyed watching the various videos on the Love Never Dies site. The one called "Tatooing the Strong Man" is really interesting.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Saw this again last night from front stalls - ABSOLUTELY SUPERB SHOW!!

Jessica Kirton played 'Meg Giry' and was a very good understudy.

'Gustave' was played by Harry Polden and he was excellent. He seemed very natural, had a lovely voice and didn't act at all like a stereotypical stage school kid.

The orchestra are fab and don't always get the credit they deserve. I keep going on how great the musical score is in this show, so if you haven't heard it yet, you must get yourself a copy!

Celebrity attender was Warwick Davies and his family. He is famous for playing Wickett the Ewok in 'Star Wars', the lead role in 'Willow' and was in 'Harry Potter' too.

All the cast I met at the stage door were really friendly and seemed happy to pose for autographs, chat to fans and sign autographs, including Ramin Karimloo, Sierra Boggess, Niamh Perry (Fleck) and Adam Pearce ('Squelch' - Tattoooed man).
jon01
Miner

Post by jon01 »

Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess' last show will be on Sat March 5th 2011 at 7.30pm

I just happened to have front row seats for that night :) Looking forward to the new look, re-worked show...

Jon
06nanderson
Audience Member

Post by 06nanderson »

You know what would be perfect for the cast change.....

With Oliver! closing, a new set of 6 Gustaves would be good..... maybe:

Gwion Wyn Jones as Gustave
Harry Childe as Gustave
Laurence Jeffecoate as Gustave
Harry Stott as Gustave
Arthur Byrne as Gustave

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - UK”