Day seats

Lightman7
Small Boy

Re: Day seats

Post by Lightman7 »

ERinVA wrote:Lightman, by "balcony" do you mean the Dress Circle (which we Americans usually call the "mezzanine")or the Grand Circle (which we call the "balcony")?

Actual "day seats" are those which are not available through advance booking. This is different from purchasing a last minute ticket on the day of performance. Currently, the day seats are all the seats in Row A of the stalls. These tickets go on sale at 10:30 a.m. at the Victoria Palace box office, and they must be purchased with a debit or credit card, no cash. Each purchaser may buy a maximum of two tickets. I believe that occasionally some Grand Circle tickets are made available as day seats, but I'm not sure about this. I expect someone on here can answer that, though.
Yes, discounted, bought in person a the box office about an hour before the performance, Dress Circle, credit card. I guess I lucked out.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Day seats

Post by ERinVA »

I am surprised that the box office discounted the seat. Of course, you said this was for the Thursday matinee, and seats during the week are regularly priced lower than weekend ones, so that might be how you got a good deal. Whatever the secret, congratulations on getting a great seat at a good price. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”