Mitchell Tobin-Billy(Tour/UK/CA/KS/LI)

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Mitchell Tobin - Billy

Post by kport »

cainmac wrote:Just watched Mitchell perform at the matinee in Jax. Couldn't agree more with all of your comments. Highly emotional letter scenes and his pronunciation is spot on for what I would expect from a character that age. There's just something about the heart and soul that he puts into the character.

And, man, can he tap! The audience roared into applause at the beginning of the tap scene during "Express Yourself". He was on fire!!

And, much appreciated, he and his family were ever so gracious at the stage door (as cold as it was today). He was even doing the "Billy leap" for a family member next to the tour trailers.

Hope Mitchell and his family get some well-deserved time together next week!!!
Gov Scott should declare next week 'Mitch Tobin Week!'.

The boy is home!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

How about "Mitchell Tobin Week"? I have no idea whether he goes by "Mitch" or not, but you can never go wrong using a person's real name.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

ERinVA wrote:How about "Mitchell Tobin Week"? I have no idea whether he goes by "Mitch" or not, but you can never go wrong using a person's real name.
He goes by 'Mitch' on his public Instagram, even introducing himself as such.

At least one other forum member far more senior than myself has referred to him as Mitch, even on this very thread.
cainmac
Small Boy

Post by cainmac »

After 17 shows, yesterday's was most likely my last. So whether her prefers Mitch or Mitchell, I am most grateful for seeing him perform.

:D
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

kport wrote:
ERinVA wrote:How about "Mitchell Tobin Week"? I have no idea whether he goes by "Mitch" or not, but you can never go wrong using a person's real name.

At least one other forum member far more senior than myself has referred to him as Mitch, even on this very thread.
Sorry, kport. It's nothing to do with you personally. This is just one of my idiosyncrasies, which I guess comes from being raised "Southern." I was always taught that if you don't know someone personally (which usually applies to forum members' relationship with cast members), you use their given name--as opposed to their nickname--when talking about (or to) them unless they tell you to do otherwise. In the case of cast, obviously, if they go by a nickname in their dealings with the public media, then that's what they would expect to be called, such as with Ben, whose bio and publicity call him "Ben" instead of "Benjamin," or with Zach, who was never referred to as "Zachary." I just sometimes feel that we adults presume too much when using nicknames for children just because they are children, and we somehow think this makes such familiarity okay.

So, that's my explanation.

Now let's get back on track with talking about the fantastic Mitchell/Mitch. :D
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

ERinVA wrote:
kport wrote:

Sorry, kport. It's nothing to do with you personally. This is just one of my idiosyncrasies, which I guess comes from being raised "Southern." I was always taught that if you don't know someone personally (which usually applies to forum members' relationship with cast members), you use their given name--as opposed to their nickname--when talking about (or to) them unless they tell you to do otherwise. In the case of cast, obviously, if they go by a nickname in their dealings with the public media, then that's what they would expect to be called, such as with Ben, whose bio and publicity call him "Ben" instead of "Benjamin," or with Zach, who was never referred to as "Zachary." I just sometimes feel that we adults presume too much when using nicknames for children just because they are children, and we somehow think this makes such familiarity okay.

So, that's my explanation.

Now let's get back on track with talking about the fantastic Mitchell/Mitch. :D
Well, Ellen, I have a 75% chance of seeing him perform Tuesday pm/Wednesday mat. and pm shows, so I will be sure to post a review by Thursday of all three Billys and the great cast!

In a performance in Clearwater I recall George having to stoop right down to speak to Mitchell/Billy in the Boxing Scene. It was a hoot!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's a great article about Mitchell from Peoria's pantagraph.com:

http://www.pantagraph.com/entertainment ... _form=true
Ellen

angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

ERinVA wrote:Here's a great article about Mitchell from Peoria's pantagraph.com:

http://www.pantagraph.com/entertainment ... _form=true
(I just told them about the Cooper mistake.) What a beautiful story, so inspiring and wonderful for him! I felt like I was right there in the airport with them, even imagined the faces of the couple nearby. =)
BEtourfan
Tony

Post by BEtourfan »

Here's a brief interview with Mitchell on a local TV network.
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_c_p ... vis-center
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

BETourFan... just wanted to say that picture you have of the BE trailer in front of a theatre is stunning! Did you take it?

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”