Cesar Corrales: Billy - Chicago and Toronto

Musical Fanatic
Ballet Girl

Re: Cesar Corrales

Post by Musical Fanatic »

[quote="johnnyc"]According to The Chicago Sun Times, Cesar was born in Mexico of Cuban Parents. So Stephen Daldry's remarks were a bit misleading. :shock: :shock: (Unless he is correct and The Times is wrong, which is more than a remote possibility if their research is as accurate as that of most news media.) :lol: Could be a case where his family prefers that he be introduced that way.
Bre*st Cancer awareness. My
Mom is now a ! year survivor
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's a good blog review of the Chicago show, which the reviewer saw with Cesar as Billy. http://michaeljaytheatre.blogspot.com/2 ... icago.html
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Photos of Cesar after the first preview show in Chicago have just been added to the gallery. Thanks to Rich B.

Image Image
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
cincinnati
Tall Boy

Post by cincinnati »

Cesar's work on the Saturday July 3rd show was outstanding....I was very very impressed with his show....congratulations...
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

Bloody 'ell, unbelievable :o . When did this guy first took dancing lessons? When he was one ??
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

I posted this in the Billy Elliot-related youtube video clip section as well, but here's Cesar offering his plea for basketball star LeBron James to come play for the Chicago Bulls:
http://chicagotheaterblog.com/2010/07/0 ... n-chicago/
cincinnati
Tall Boy

Post by cincinnati »

Saw Cesar on Saturday afternoon July 24...with Keean ....they both were awesome....the crowd wasn't very heavy due to the flooding in the Chicagoland area.....Cesar is getting better and better....each time I have seen him...what a talent....bravo Cesar...
cincinnati
Tall Boy

Post by cincinnati »

Saw the "Canadian Cannon" perform again this past Wed in the mat.....Cesar is the "Maytag" of BETM, a workmanlike flawless performance with outstanding effort and acting skills that have improved dramatically. The Chicago crowds tend to sit on their hands to much for me compared to the NYC crowds, it's like stand and cheer for this cast.....after Swan Lake, which the Canadian Cannon NAILED, a somewhat shallow clap came. I was quite put off with the lack of response for a super job, and I have seen the show now over 45 times, so I know the good from the not so good. The end of Electricity, the crowd gave Cesar a long applause but would not stand, except for me, I have gotten past caring what others think when it comes to this. Cesar deserved a standing ovation and he got one from me. Cesar turns in a solid performance that is sure to please the veteran BETM watcher or the first timer. I also think that Cesar has the neatest dog of any of the Billy's....with Alex's MING MING coming in a close second....Cesar's dog is going to be a beast...have any of you forum members seen the puppy photos...? It won't be the striking miners eating the Corrales family out of house and home, it will be four legs with paws soon....
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I made the acquaintance of Giuseppe's dog, Billy, and I personally think he is pretty darned cool too. 8-) :lol:
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast - Toronto”