When are you going to see BETM Broadway next?

LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Re: When are you going to see BETM Broadway next?

Post by LiamM »

I'm coming to NYC on Friday and will stay for a week, seeing a few shows.
Billy Fanatic
Small Boy

Post by Billy Fanatic »

My third and now unfortunately very likely last Broadway Billython will be October 12-17, 2011.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011
12:30 PM: Approximate arrival New York City if flight on time
7:00 PM: Mary Poppins - New Amsterdam Theatre, Orchestra Center, Row B, Seat 107

Thursday, October 13, 2011
7:30 PM: Billy Elliot the Musical - Imperial Theatre, Orchestra Center, Row A, Seat 109

Friday, October 14, 2011
7:30 PM: Billy Elliot the Musical - Imperial Theatre, Front Mezzanine Center, Section 3, Row A, Seat 1

Saturday, October 15, 2011
2:00 PM: Billy Elliot the Musical - Imperial Theatre, Front Mezzanine Center, Section 3, Row A, Seat 1 (same seat as Friday evening)
7:30 PM: Billy Elliot the Musical - Imperial Theatre, Front Mezzanine Center, Section 2, Row B, Seat 1

Sunday, October 16, 2011
1:00 PM: Mary Poppins - New Amsterdam Theatre, Orchestra Center, Row C, Seat 106

7:30 PM: Billy Elliot the Musical - Imperial Theatre, Orchestra Center, Row A, Seat 110

Monday, October 17, 2011
7:55 PM: Approximate very reluctant and very bittersweet departure New York City if flight on time. Happy due to another great Billython experience, sad since these 5 performances likely will be my last times for seeing BETM on Broadway.
Billy Fanatic
"Normal not to be normal"

BROADWAY - 19:
Billy: Alex K. x3, Giuseppe x1, Jacob x2, Joseph x5, Julian x2, Myles x1, Peter x4, Tade x1
Michael: Cameron x7, Jack x5, Jake S. x2, Neil x5
Debbie: Georgi x5, Lilla x14
Small Boy: Alex D. x10, Seth x3, Zachary x6
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Ben x12, Giuseppe x1, Joseph x2, Julian x2, Myles x1, Tade x1

TOUR - 3
RICHMOND, VA:

Billy: Ben x1, Drew x1, Noah x1
Michael: Jake K. x1, Sam x2
Debbie: Samantha x3
Small Boy: Cal x3
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Jake K. x2, Sam x1
AJ HOLDEN
Tall Boy

Post by AJ HOLDEN »

Hi all

Have booked tickets at the Imperial and once in NY hope to add a few extra dates:
Sunday 23rd Oct matinee Right Orchestra E 2 and 4
Tuesday 25th Oct Right Orchestra AA 2 and AA 4
Sunday 30th Oct matinee Left Orchestra C 1 and C 3.

Also seeing Spiderman, Priscilla and Mary Poppins during my week long stay plus a little road trip to Boston and on into Maine.

Very sorry to hear the show is closing. Hopefully meet some Forum

take care

Alex
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Billy Fanatic wrote:Friday, October 14, 2011
7:30 PM: Billy Elliot the Musical - Imperial Theatre, Front Mezzanine Center, Section 3, Row A, Seat 1
I'll be at the show this Friday night and sitting just 6 seats away from you I believe. I'm in row A seat 7 in the same section (I think). I don't think we've met, so feel free to say hi anytime. Will PM you too.

Sean
Billy Fanatic
Small Boy

Post by Billy Fanatic »

angelenroute wrote:I'll be at the show this Friday night and sitting just 6 seats away from you I believe. I'm in row A seat 7 in the same section (I think). I don't think we've met, so feel free to say hi anytime. Will PM you too.

Sean
Sean,

I've PM you; will be glad to say hello Friday Evening
Billy Fanatic
"Normal not to be normal"

BROADWAY - 19:
Billy: Alex K. x3, Giuseppe x1, Jacob x2, Joseph x5, Julian x2, Myles x1, Peter x4, Tade x1
Michael: Cameron x7, Jack x5, Jake S. x2, Neil x5
Debbie: Georgi x5, Lilla x14
Small Boy: Alex D. x10, Seth x3, Zachary x6
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Ben x12, Giuseppe x1, Joseph x2, Julian x2, Myles x1, Tade x1

TOUR - 3
RICHMOND, VA:

Billy: Ben x1, Drew x1, Noah x1
Michael: Jake K. x1, Sam x2
Debbie: Samantha x3
Small Boy: Cal x3
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Jake K. x2, Sam x1
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

It was nice meeting you Billy Fanatic!

All,

I'm seeing the show again on Broadway on November 6th at the 7:30 performance. I didn't buy tickets for either of Giuseppe's other thought-to-be last shows, but I am hoping this one's it now based on the extensions he's already had and the influx of new Billys leading up to the last show. Since my checking account right now has only three dollars and change in it, I'm $1,700 in debt to my partner and over $1,000 in debt on my credit card, I have absolutely no right buying more tickets. But as I started full-time at a new job at the beginning of last month and been starting to get paid fairly every two weeks, it looks like I'll be caught up money wise again soon. And as the Broadway show is closing, I will only regret every show I don't attend now in the next few months.

I'll be seeing the show in Philly twice next month (two $40 partial view seats) and once in D.C. in December. So hopefully by late November (three paychecks from now), I'll feel more confident about buying more tickets for shows between late November and early January. Since I haven't seen Joseph yet or Myles, I'll probably try for a last-minute mini Billython at some point in there so that I can see them when they're on. Living on Long Island I at least don't have to worry about airfare or hotels, only an $18 round-trip Long Island Rail Road ticket.

Anywho, this has been my venting of guilt and expression of where I'm at, why and what I plan to do. Thanks for reading/listening!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I was at a wake last night (in Trent's hometown and just down the block from his uncle's restaurant), so naturally I found a way to bring up Billy Elliot. The 16-year-old twin daughters of my friend Mary were there (they don't go to Wantagh High in case you're wondering) and we were talking theatre. "Oh, have you seen Billy Elliot yet?" My friend and her girls had seen it on a school trip and they all loved it. "Do you know how many times I have seen it?" Silence...then one of the girls guessed, "12?" "I have now seen it 35 times." Crickets while the twin girls' matched their twin looks with wide-open mouths of shock. The adults just stared. :lol:

[An aside: I often post my show count as my signature because seeing other people's show counts used to inspire and entertain me when I was a newbie here. So I hope newbies might get a kick out of it now and then.]

On the way home, my sister, who just started a new job (and she also knows Trent's uncle), said that now that the show's closing, she wants to make sure she sees it finally. So though she can't make it with me on the 6th for what I'm educationally guessing is Giuseppe's finale, I'll be going again sometime in November with her probably. Are some here planning on going to the anniversary show (or know of people going)? Or would any other show be just as special as that night? Thoughts?

Sean
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

shimmyshimmy wrote:
angelenroute wrote: Are some here planning on going to the anniversary show

Sean
Anniversary show?
Third and final anniversary of Opening Night is November 13th. Means very little for the Broadway production traditionally, special in London though, but I think there may have been a "dignitary" or two in the audience last year. Wasn't there though so I can't recall.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The productions seem to play fast and loose with anniversary dates.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

This Saturday, November 12th, both shows. I can't stay away. :P
:/

Return to “Broadway Archive”