I HAVE A QUESTION?

For off-topic content
billyelliot05
Small Boy

Re: I HAVE A QUESTION?

Post by billyelliot05 »

This looks like the right place to ask this question :lol:

I just wanted some general information about the UK BETM as i may be in the UK some time next year and may want to see it there, oh and being in Australia i dont know much about it. If anyone would be so kind i was wondering

What are ticket prices like?
What is the best time to go?
Anything in particular to watch out for?
Is there any possibility that it will close in the UK (certainly hope not :o) in the medium-long term (ie. next 5 years)

and just any other helpful information about the UK show bearing in mind that the person you're giving it to is from another country!!
Jabka
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jabka »

Tickets range from £17.50 upwards £60 top price seats, ( not premium) £25 seats row B stalls and day seats (£27.50 Fri and sat) grand Circle £35.00) if you go to the Victoria palace Website they are all on there and you can book It depends what you want - a lot of forum members like Row B
the prices change in December with some great offers and more affordable seats check out here
http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... ?f=9&t=412

What is the best time to go?
Anytime

Anything in particular to watch out for?
Lots of things will be slightly different - tough one to answer as everyone looks out for different things I am sure we will have lots of response!

Is there any possibility that it will close in the UK (certainly hope not :o) in the medium-long term (ie. next 5 years)
We hope not! it is still going strong and often has full house signs out!

and just any other helpful information about the UK show bearing in mind that the person you're giving it to is from another country!!
Prepare for any weather at any time - summer does not mean sun!
I will leave others to answer as I there are lots of answers we could put - so over to you guys!

What to look out for?
Any info about the sow that may be useful?

Many of the answers you are looking for are available in different threads on the forum, I am sure between us everything can be answered but I need to leave for work now :roll:

[/quote]
Ruth
23/05/07 the day Billy danced into my life :D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

Jabka wrote:
Well one bit of info, there are no pigs in the show (sow = female pig :lol: :lol: ) Although there is a sign about pigs go home ;) so you could look for that !.

I would recommend seeing several shows, so that you get different combinations of Billy/Debbie/Michael, that is when you can spot differences, as all play slightly differently.
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Jabka
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jabka »

NIKKIE-NIKKIE wrote:
Jabka wrote:
Well one bit of info, there are no pigs in the show (sow = female pig :lol: :lol: ) Although there is a sign about pigs go home ;) so you could look for that !.
It was early and had just been checking my farm on facebook :lol:
Ruth
23/05/07 the day Billy danced into my life :D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
billyelliot05
Small Boy

Post by billyelliot05 »

Thank you all for the information. :)
I admit I did not quite expect such a rapid response. :lol:
I am not 100% sure that i will be in Uk next year or even what time but there is a reasonable chance that i will be so let me know if you think of anything else. Thanks.
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

I HAVE A QUESTION!

I'm sure someone will know. Ok, I would like to find out for certain who was playing the night I first saw Billy. This would be Thurs 20th Nov 2008 7.30pm. I know for a fact it was Tom as Billy, and for the longest time I thought it was Lewis and Scarlet on with him. But when I think about it I start having doubts as I saw them leave and I have an image in my head of Shaun smiling at me. As I saw Fox too perhaps Shaun could have just been the cover Michael? I just really want to know for definite- if anyone could help :)

Also, it'd be great to know what other cast members were on! Haha, I don't ask for much. I assume there were ones who aren't in it now as my programme I got that time had pretty much expired by the next time I saw it!

Thanks in advance!! :D
Charlotte x
hammy
Ballet Girl

Post by hammy »

I HAVE A QUESTION

In the NY production it seems that a Billy will often go on as Tall Boy, now that Keean is becoming a full time Michael is their going to be a new Tall boy or is it just going to be common practice for a Billy or even a Michael to go on as TB?
Leon 2/05/07, Josh 28/12/07, Corey 16/06/08, Corey 12/07/08, Layton 28/08/08, Tanner 27/12/08, Fox 4/07/09, Tom 15/08/2009, Tom (5th Anniversary show) - 31/3/2010, Rhys 21/10/10
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Nothing has been said at this point. I would not be surprised if for the foreseeable future the company continues to use the Billys as tall boys. At least according to Trent's blog, the Billys enjoy doing it, and it gives the back up Billy something to do instead of sitting around in the dressing room for the whole show twiddling his thumbs. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ITK
Tall Boy

Post by ITK »

Go home Billy wrote: So who would play Tall Boy if the Billy was injured and the back-up had to take over that part?

Maybe a Michael. Layton and Josh used to love being the 'Tall Boys'.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, the back up Michael could play tall boy for the rest of the show if necessary, or, as in the recent case with Tommy and Trent, where the injury was not serious, when Tommy went off at the half, Trent returned as Billy, and Tommy came on as tallboy. They just pulled a switch! :lol:
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “General Chat”