George Maguire

jen
Miner

Re: George Maguire

Post by jen »

Just to say how nice it was to see how nice it was to see the original gang of three at the birthday performance and the fact that they got their own curtain call.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

It appears that someone has attempted to start a facebook fan page for George here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/George-Ma ... 1?v=stream

But what is totally bizarre is the wall posts by someone called Megan, who seems to think that George is dead. :?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
billyelliot05
Small Boy

Post by billyelliot05 »

Perhaps when she says "in memory of George Maguire" she means in memory of his time as a Billy?
On the info section she seems to realise he is not yet dead...
You're right though it is kinda funny :D
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

That's strange Ellen as there were no wall posts visible when I looked :?
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Actually, the posts are under Related Posts. There does not seem to be a "Wall" per se.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote:But what is totally bizarre is the wall posts by someone called Megan, who seems to think that George is dead. :?
You're right, Ellen, that is totally weird.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Strange as under Related Posts the page is blank on my computer. Has anybody any suggestions as to why this is the case?
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
PaulWilly
Ballet Girl

Post by PaulWilly »

That Facebook page mentioned by Ellen above seems to be very weird, mean and misleading - obviously that “Megan’s World” is playing a bad game and misuses even George’s Wikipedia dates for that! They claim on that linked ”Auction Evening for Megan’s World” page (the link is on that Facebook page above) under “more information - show more”:
This is a birthday party for George, as he celebrates his birthday in heaven on 8th August. This Night is for you George! xx
http://www.facebook.com/social_graph.ph ... 2644468709

Had these people read the Wikipedia page of George themselves (that is quoted on the Facebook page), they would have realized that George’s birthday is correctly shown there as on 11 December.

Just to assure you: George Maguire is totally ok and pretty busy with something new these days - and just this Wednesday he was active last time on his own private Facebook page...

And that Megan’s page obviously was already started in May… Maybe this “Megan’s World” is trying to make some money by faked charity events?? Someone might report it to Facebook, I think.
“It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

As I cannot see everything that is on the George Maguire FB site I am only guessing but could it be that Megan is talking about a different George Maguire?

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Billy Whiz wrote:As I cannot see everything that is on the George Maguire FB site I am only guessing but could it be that Megan is talking about a different George Maguire?
I was thinking the same thing, BillyWhiz, that it's this Meagan who is confusing two different George Maguires. Because if you read the information on the "info" section of the fanpage, it all appears correct for "our" George. It's only the posts by this "Meagan's World" that talks about a memorial for a George Maguire.

Return to “Cast - London”