I HAVE A QUESTION?

For off-topic content
ITK
Tall Boy

Re: I HAVE A QUESTION?

Post by ITK »

Go home Billy wrote:
Not sure how often that happened in London but I did once see Josh as Tall Boy. :D
Relativley often. Sometimes on of the back up Debbie's fill in for one of the Ballet Girls.
billyelliot05
Small Boy

Post by billyelliot05 »

Sorry, got a question.
Does anyone know where (if anywhere) that i could get a better quality video of this BETM 3 min promo.

http://www.billyelliotthemusical.com/po ... 3mins.html

If anyone knows of one i would be exceptionally grateful :D
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

ITK wrote:
Go home Billy wrote: So who would play Tall Boy if the Billy was injured and the back-up had to take over that part?

Maybe a Michael. Layton and Josh used to love being the 'Tall Boys'.
I saw Leon Cooke play Tall boy once...he liked like a right nerd when he played Thomas, with his hair gelled back! Very funny! :D
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

billyelliot05 wrote:Sorry, got a question.
Does anyone know where (if anywhere) that i could get a better quality video of this BETM 3 min promo.

http://www.billyelliotthemusical.com/po ... 3mins.html

If anyone knows of one i would be exceptionally grateful :D
This is better quality if looked in HQ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=e ... aH4zaUYUUU
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
billyelliot05
Small Boy

Post by billyelliot05 »

Thanks BillyWhiz :)
I was hoping even better, but it is defiantly a good start.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

billyelliot05 wrote:Thanks BillyWhiz :)
I was hoping even better, but it is defiantly a good start.
You're welcome.

I'll keep looking.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Justin
Tall Boy

Post by Justin »

Transferred from the thread entitled Brad Wilson in Cast Leavers and Arrivals (London) to avoid cluttering that thread with policy issues.

Ellen - I know I said I'd drop this but your post re. lack of confirmation by his family needs further clarity because one could argue that the post on the same thread by Helena (dated 20th September, 1.15 p.m.) which corroborates this information by his cousin meets your criteria. Unless you are suggesting that by forum you mean the administrative team and not other forum members.

Like I said, the sole reason provided by the admin team for us to avoid speculating on last nights are because we are not quite sure whether or not the kids would take it the wrong way. In other words, we account for their relative lack of maturity, and are cautious of misinterpretation. And yet in this instance, when an actor has decided to be slightly more forthright, what is a healthy skepticism that can easily be satisfied by further investigation, then seems to become - lets follow the protocol and await "official" confirmation. That's all well and good, but it does seem to negate the first principle of trying to avoid causing unnecessary hurt to the child actor by taking into account relative maturity. Let's say that we do not get official confirmation from the production, and that Brad and/or his family believe that they have already given public notice (not unreasonable). What then? The forum just pretends that it isn't happening until the day after?

Now I'm not even sure if Brad checks the forum and if he does, I'm sure he is mature enough to handle the skepticism surrounding his post. Just like I'm pretty sure the majority of kids do not mind news of their leaving being leaked. But it seems like two different principles are in operation.

In any case, from the criteria you listed, it does appear that this has been met on the family grounds. I'm not entirely sure that your suggestion that a facebook contact is different from a forum contact is an issue. Sure you can forge an FB identity. You can also forge a forum identity. You can also forge a Twitter identity. Going by precedence alone - no one was questioning Elsa (Emily) who posted as Olly's sister on the old forum announcing his leaving date. No one is questioning Colin who posts on this forum. Our forum twitter links to many other cast members and ex-cast's twitter accounts and no one questions that. And if a family member of Brad's were indeed to post on this forum - how would one judge the veracity of that? It seems an issue more of control rather than anything else.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for avoiding speculation of cast leaver's nights. It just seems to me that this has moved on from the realm of speculation into actual confirmation. In any case, this kind of half-way house where the thread is in Cast Leavers and yet we're asked to hold off best wishes does appear rather odd. If we're pretending that he's not leaving until the company say he is, then surely the thread should go back to Current Cast.
Red's my colour
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

Re: Brad

Of course Justin has covered everything in his post. I'm just showing Solidarity.!..

Ellen, you wrote:
I would just point out that a post on facebook is not the same thing as the family giving permission to the forum to confirm a child cast member's leaving details.
Ok... I would say that a post by the actual actor, on a fan page, which is public, would be confirmation that they want people to know. I'm not meaning to sound rude but just because they chose to post it on facebook rather than the forum does not mean it's untrue or unconfirmed!!

I'll leave it at that. It's all been covered.
Charlotte x
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

Agreed.. i thought exactly the same!
x
pexcornel
Miner

Post by pexcornel »

ditto :lol:
Tanner x3; Fox x4; Ollie x3; Brad x2; Tom x4.

Return to “General Chat”