OLIVER!

Chat about other shows here
jen
Miner

Re: OLIVER!

Post by jen »

Well kids are kids I suppose and what one doesn't think of another will. As long as they behave on stage and in the wings.
But they do need to act responsibly and behave when they are expected to.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

I wonder if some of the behavior issues at the Drury Lane production might have partly been due to the large number of children in the cast. Having seen the show twice when I was in London, I was amazed at how many kids there were in the cast. Trying to keep that many boys corralled and out of mischief while they were all crammed backstage would be a challenge, I would think.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Go home Billy wrote: My reading of the article Pat posted is that there had been problems with other young cast which must mean Fagin's Gang, Oliver and Dodger.
Perhaps they got caught picking a pocket or two. ;)
jon01
Miner

Post by jon01 »

Some items of news on ex-cast members:

Ex-Nipper, Lewis Edgar, has been cast as Gavroche in Les Mis at the Queens, he is due to debut next week

Ex-Oliver, Edward Holtom, has been filming in Wales for the BBC series 'Sherlock'

Ex-Fagin's Gang member, Bailey Pepper, is appearing in 'Much Ado About Nothing' at the Wyndham's until Sep 3rd 2011

Some of the young Drury Lane Oliver! cast will be appearing in the UK Tour of Oliver! and Matilda The Musical in the West End later in 2011, full details soon....

Jon
Remi
Small Boy

Post by Remi »

jon01 wrote: Some of the young Drury Lane Oliver! cast will be appearing in the UK Tour of Oliver! and Matilda The Musical in the West End later in 2011, full details soon....

Jon
Fingers crossed for ex Dodger Callum Henderson who apparently auditioned for Matilda !
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

jen wrote:Well kids are kids I suppose and what one doesn't think of another will. As long as they behave on stage and in the wings.
But they do need to act responsibly and behave when they are expected to.
To right Jen - they can be as disciplined most of the time but when one plants a seed then it's usually one in all in....
Go home Billy wrote:
jen wrote:Well kids are kids I suppose ...
  :?:   As someone doing voluntary work with young people I know how short the attention span of many kids can be these days but would expect that someone seeking a part in such a major production going on national tour might have better self-control than this article indicates has been experienced at previous auditions.
Easy to think that would be the case but they are only kids and boys to boot. :evil: 12 boysin one place is always going to have some difficulties associated with it, especially when they are artistic types. In reality it can't have been too big a problem or there would have been more talk about it. Just boys being boys probably.
Cheers

Brad
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

12 boys in one place is always going to have some difficulties associated with it
Maybe they didn't have the right kind of people looking after and inspiring them. It's an art and if you ain't got it you ain't got it.

Pat
jon01
Miner

Post by jon01 »

Ex-Dodger, Eric Dibb-Fuller is in the new 'Scouting For Girls' music video, 'Love How it Hurts'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11mkTm0WpBU

Jon
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

jon01 wrote:Ex-Dodger, Eric Dibb-Fuller is in the new 'Scouting For Girls' music video, 'Love How it Hurts'

Jon

Was he the nerd or the bully ?
jon01
Miner

Post by jon01 »

Todd wrote:
jon01 wrote:Ex-Dodger, Eric Dibb-Fuller is in the new 'Scouting For Girls' music video, 'Love How it Hurts'

Jon

Was he the nerd or the bully ?

He is the Bully!

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - UK”