Kate Hennig: Mrs. Wilkinson, Broadway and Toronto

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kate Hennig

Post by porschesrule »

As a follow-up to my earlier post about Kate leaving the Broadway show, according to a twitter message from Mirvish, producers of the Toronto BETM production, she will be joining the first tour cast in the Toronto production:

"Kate Hennig returns to Toronto in the role of 'Mrs. Wilkinson' in BILLY ELLIOT, Begins Jan 2011 http://bit.ly/bgFmQc
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

This was actually in the Broadwayworld link that you posted earlier porchesrule.
Kate Hennig will play her final Broadway performance on October 1, 2010 and will return to her home town to launch the Toronto engagement of Billy Elliot, which begins performances at the Canon Theatre on January 28, 2011.

Read more: http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Em ... z0wzYh8NvD
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Kate is an excellent Mrs. W. and it will be sad to see her go. However she will have reached the one year mark and deserves a nice break. Then she can play the role in her home town, along with at least a couple of Canadian Billys. I am very much looking forward to the Toronto show. At last a production of Billy within driving distance of me. :)

Meanwhile, as ERinVA said in the Chicago thread, Emily is a very worthy replacement and will do fine on Broadway.
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

The Amherst Daily News (Canada) has a story on Kate Hennig bringing the role of Mrs. Wilkinson to her home town of Toronto:

http://www.amherstdaily.com/Canada---Wo ... ome-city/1
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I hope that Kate continues to write her blog when she moves to Toronto. She is a wondeful writer and I could read her blogs all day :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
LPOZ
Small Boy

Post by LPOZ »

Billy Whiz wrote:I hope that Kate continues to write her blog when she moves to Toronto. She is a wondeful writer and I could read her blogs all day :D
Completely agree! Very sad to hear Kate is leaving - was looking forward to seeing her again on Broadway in late October. I think she is an amazing actress and her strong bond with each of the Billy actors was very obvious in the performances.

Quite a few emotional shows coming up with all these great people leaving the show! Wish I could change my trip, but I will have to do with reviews. Keep them coming!

LPOZ
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

A very nice article on Kate appears at Canada's thestar.com website:

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/th ... with-a-hit
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

The latest entry of Kate's blog is out. Among many other things (it's a wonderfully long entry), she mentions something that I don't believe was reported in any of the media reports about her joining the 1st Tour cast of BETM in Toronto. She will apparently be assuming the role of Mrs. W with the show in Chicago before it moves to Toronto, as she says, "for a month over the Christmas holidays".

The full entry can be found here:

http://www.billyelliotbroadway.com/blog/
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

If Kate ever writes a book I guarantee it would be a best seller. She has a wonderful way with words.

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

The latest edition of Kate's blog is entitled "The Beginning, and the End" and talks about the debut of Peter Mazurowski and the departure of Liam Redhead:

http://www.billyelliotbroadway.com/blog/

Return to “Cast - Toronto”