just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
jen
Miner

Re: September 2009 - UK Reviews

Post by jen »

BTW love the idea of pictures of Billies past and present.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
pexcornel
Miner

Post by pexcornel »

Saturday 26 September, 19:30
Billy: Tanner (final performance)
Michael: George Maycock
Debbie: Annabelle Crosby-Stewart

I won't post a review for tonight, just some thoughts.
This has been Tanners final show as Billy, it was a perfect show, as usual from Tanner. Great acting, singing and perfect dancing.

I will leave the proper reviews for those who can put better in words what we have witnessed tonight. Many forum members were there.

- Stephen Daldry made an introductory speech praising Tanner for his achievements and his parents for their support.
- I noticed that they lowered the key for Electricity. This is quite impressive to do just for one show.
- The look on Tanners face after he finished Electricity is indescribable. He looked straight at his parents in the Dress Circle, he was smiling.
- The audience was on fire, full house, many forum members were present.

I want to thank Tanner, his dad, BillyWhiz who is a gentlemen as always, eris who was such a pleasure to meet in person, sleepylins who is the sweetest girl ever and all the rest of the forum members for taking part in this great community of Billy fans.
Tanner x3; Fox x4; Ollie x3; Brad x2; Tom x4.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks, pex. It's good to hear that Daldry did the honors for Tanner, and that the show went so well. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Not a review but I thought people might want to see a couple of photos from last night. I'm sure there will be lots more photos appearing over the next few day from the forum members that were there.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Justin
Tall Boy

Post by Justin »

Hopefully there will be more reviews of Tanner's last show as the day goes on :?: :D I thought we might be flooded with reviews by now.
Red's my colour
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

Waiting for reviews! :D
x
Jabka
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jabka »

Sat Evening
Tanner was amazing and really did go all out to impress for his last show - and acieved his aim!!!
A very emotional show with lots of tears.
Following an emotional speach thanking Tanner and his family, the show started.
Elliot too put in even more effort than normal for his final show as small boy and got huge applause as he climbed on to the stage and lots of AHHH's thoughout - well done! I know everyone will miss you.
Angry dance - Tanner was on fire and ended the first half on a real high. Dream Ballet was beautiful and Tanner and Barnaby work so well together. Electricity WOW very emotional I really love to watch Tanner's Ballet there is something very special about it. Difficult to choice a favourite part of the show it was magnificent!
No goodbye hug from Debbie:(
Thanks Tanner I will miss you as Billy but but am thankful I had the chance to see you perform. Thanks for the memories
:)
Ruth
23/05/07 the day Billy danced into my life :D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

Billy - Tanner
Michael - George
Debbie - Annabelle

The show started with a very poignant and emotional speech by Stephen Daldry, it was expressed that all the comments made by the UK cast about Tanner were equally echoed by those of the Broadway cast.

The show then got into to full swing, with rapturous applause when Tanner made his first appearance.

He took us with him on his roller coaster of emotions, from beginning to end.

The boxing scene, had people laughing loudly, and I have to give a lot of credit to David Nellist, he really is very good as George. Tanner's efforts to put Michael off were really over the top.

His final "Express" with George Maycock. Tanner made sure the fun element of the scene was impressed on all those watching, and George equalled his performance, the 2 combined, had people laughing out loud and huge applause was rightly given at the end.

I took my cousin for her first ever visit to "Billy" and she thought George was fantastic.

I gave my cousin a "sniffly kit" at the start of the show, (kindly supplied by johnnyc) and she asked what it was for, well I think needed 100 packs of them for all the ladies (and few men) around us who were caught up in the emotion of the scene, truly played to the letter (excuse the pun) by Tanner.

Angry Dance, always my favourite regardless of which "Billy" performs, but I think Tanner's last night gave me goose bumps, just the power and emotion that was put into each step. He has like many others left his own dent in the ‘toilet’; the sound emulating from there was so loud. At the end of the scene, Tanner looked up and you could see in his face, he knew it was job well done, this was reflected in the standing ovation received.

Swan Lake, timed to perfection, the ballet was sweeping and light and breathtaking. Barnaby as always was a great in supporting the scene.

We then were swept through the scenes, with Tanner being the true professional he has always shown to be, regardless of being his last night.

"Electricity" was 'electrifying', the dancing again was fluid and I am sure at the end with the force of which people stood up to give the standing ovation that the VPT moved a few inches.
"Dad" was in tears, and you could tell that Joe was truly moved not just in the role or "Dad" but as Joe himself. It was beautiful to watch.

Then the final scene, you could see George was clearly saddened at loseing his friend, and this just helped it to be just that bit more special.

Well done to all the cast, you all pulled out yet another stunning performance.

A special Annabelle must go to Annabelle, who was just as supportive in her role and drew loud belly laughs with her antics through the show, boy can she throw some evil looks to her 'Mother'.

Tanner was a true star and I am sure he will continue to shine in everything he does. I feel privileged that I got to see him perform on many occasions.
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

There was a real buzz in the air at the VPT last night. We were all there to say goodbye to one very special young man- Eliot Carrington. Oh, and Tanner Pflueger ;) :lol:

It was my first leavers show, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel. It was a bit of a strange one, I was really happy to be there but at the same time my eyes kept filling with tears! The first time the tears appeared was when Mrs Wilkinson said to Billy "Well, you're gonna come again/back aren't you?" It suddenly hit me that, no, he was not going to be going again.

Tanner delivered an amazing show, his dancing was truly breathtaking and he seemed as though he was letting himself sing quite naturally right fro the start- his voice sounded a bit deeper than usual on parts and I liked that. There's nothing wrong with growing up!
The scenes with his family and Mrs W, and Michael, were so emotional. I can't believe I'm never going to see him (as Billy) again. :cry:
Thanks to his dad for the badges, and thanks to Tanner for happily signing and doing photos when the party was still going on.

Kudos to Eliot who delivered his lines louder than ever! I mentioned on his thread that Rob showed us some great videos of Eliot. He has a promising future, this kid.

I said last night that I really enjoyed it as it was like a 'forum show'. Such an atmosphere. I hope the 'normal' people who attended realised what a special night it was.. judging from the applause they did.

Seeing the other kids in tears was quite upsetting. Tanner is going to be so missed by everyone.

Thanks for everything.

Charlotte x

Return to “Reviews Archive”