Scott McKenzie

athadj
Miner

Re: Scott McKenzie

Post by athadj »

Thondra, first of all welcome to the forum!
As Billy Whiz already explained the children are under very very strict supervision by their chaperones, which I find pretty normal considering they are only young kids. On the other hand when they are with their parents they usually are very happy to give autographs and pose for pictures and since we are talking about Scott, I was lucky enough to talk to him and have my picture taken with him last September when he was with his dad and I have to tell you he is a very very very sweet kid!
But don't feel embarassed as it has happened to many of us to be told to stay away. In my case it was with Rhys :oops:
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
Thondra
Small Boy

Post by Thondra »

porschesrule wrote:
Was that the matinee or evening show, Thondra?
It was the matineé show. I'll write a review if I have more time. (English is not my first language and I need much more time, sorry)
athadj wrote:Thondra, first of all welcome to the forum!
As Billy Whiz already explained the children are under very very strict supervision by their chaperones, which I find pretty normal considering they are only young kids. On the other hand when they are with their parents they usually are very happy to give autographs and pose for pictures and since we are talking about Scott, I was lucky enough to talk to him and have my picture taken with him last September when he was with his dad and I have to tell you he is a very very very sweet kid!
But don't feel embarassed as it has happened to many of us to be told to stay away. In my case it was with Rhys :oops:
Thank you for your welcome :)
It's quite understandable I was only suprised as I get without problems autographs from Connor and Francesca. No problem you only need to know it ;)
*Lottie*
Tony

Post by *Lottie* »

Did anyone manage to record Scott on ITV news? :)
Charlotte

The Musical Vs The Film - " there's more depth & passion to it" - Scott Mckenzie 9.3.11
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

Scott was on the news???? What was it about??
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
James.R
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by James.R »

It was a piece on the London regional news about Frederick Salter, a 99 year old dancer, who was awarded a Pride of Britain Inspiration award.

http://www.itv.com/london/fred-salter64537/

and in case that video is blocked overseas...

http://www.greenwich-today.co.uk/news.cfm?id=41353

He went to see the show and got to meet Scott (whom he had just seen on stage) afterwards before being interviewed in and dancing around the theatre auditorium.
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

Thank you Jamie for this but as you mentioned the first link is blocked if you're not in the UK. Is there a video in the second link that I cannot find? I would love to see it as it sounds so interseting, a 99 year old veteran with the tiny young Scott!
Athina

London
New York
Peter x 1
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I didn't see any video in that link. I think it's just an article. I would also love to see the video, but I am not in the UK. :(
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ladypeaceful
Audience Member

Post by ladypeaceful »

Hello everyone!
My first message on the forum. Sorry my english isn't my first language so it might not be smooth to reed.

I saw BETM for the second time in London on thursday, 6th evening.

I found Scott wonderful, with a really beautiful voice, very very good acting, i found him a little less self-confident than the other Billy I saw, but he was GREAT and seemed very sweet.

The applause for Electricity was very long, and Scoot seemed to really enjoyed it and to be touched. He gave a glance to the stalls and dress circle, with a smile. Very nice.

I can actually have a little explanation for that very long applause. I was seated in the dress circle, and two seats next to me, a man collapted, it was kind of scary, someone called if there was a doctor, the row lift up, etc etc... It was very noisy during the first minute of "Electricity". If Scott and the cast heard it, they made it through, and stayed focus. I think the dress circle must have been partly thrilled by that, very impressed by the unflunching talent.

OK I hope my english isn't too bad and you understood everything I wanted to share.

Looking forward to see the show again and again...
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

ladypeaceful wrote:Hello everyone!
My first message on the forum.
Welcome to the forum,ladypeaceful.

Glad you found us and glad you enjoyed the show.

Your English is fine and I hope you'll post often.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum ladypeaceful. :D

You said you saw another Billy as well. Was that recently? If so, I hope you'll tell us about that show also.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast - London”