Changes to BE NYC to remove profanity

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Changes to BE NYC to remove profanity

Post by Billy Whiz »

I haven't watched the DVD for a while so I thought this was a good reason to do so.

This, of course, is the UK version and is 15 rated.

It has not been censored at all and in fact there were approximately 45 "F" bombs in it as well as plenty of other expletives.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

StevenKing wrote:so I'll need to watch it again to check...it's a burden but someone needs to do it :D
Billy Whiz wrote:I haven't watched the DVD for a while so I thought this was a good reason to do so.
Thank you both very much for being so selfless. ;)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Wait! What about me? :? I sacrificed my time the other evening as well.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

ERinVA wrote:Wait! What about me? :? I sacrificed my time the other evening as well.
Oh right! I'm sorry, yes, thank you so much too Ellen! It must have been torture watching it again. Thank you so much!
gpcolo
George

Post by gpcolo »

My original post sparked quite a bit of reaction with us all counting the F-bombs in our copies of B.E. The IMDB data base refers to the PG-13 version (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0249462/) and the Wiki page for the movie also discusses the PG-13 change (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Elliot).

I have never walked away from any viewing be it PG-13 or R video or the musical with various degrees of profanity ever thinking about the language only about the story being told. It is more authentic to the setting to leave the language in but in the end it is the themes of Billy Elliot that are far more memorable.

Return to “Broadway Archive”