Emily Skinner--Mrs. Wilkinson: Chicago, Broadway & St. Louis

mrmikerocks
Miner

Re: Emily Skinner

Post by mrmikerocks »

New York is lucky to get Emily Skinner. She does such a fantastic job as Mrs. W. Chicago will miss her immensely.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

mrmikerocks wrote:New York is lucky to get Emily Skinner. She does such a fantastic job as Mrs. W. Chicago will miss her immensely.
I would say both cities are lucky, each going from one excellent Mrs. W. to another. :)
:/
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

Which Mrs. W is coming to Chicago?
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

mrmikerocks wrote:Which Mrs. W is coming to Chicago?
It's basically a swap -- Kate Hennig is moving from Broadway to the 1st Tour. She's doing that because she's from Toronto and it's an opportunity for her to go home after the first of the year.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

But Kate is not coming to Chicago is she? I thought she was going to the Toronto cast? Anyone know who is taking over the Mrs. W. role in Chicago?
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

The understudy, Susan McMonagle, is temporarily taking over the role, but Kate IS going to Chicago to perform there for the Christmas holidays (probably late October to rehearse) and will be with the show there until it moves to Toronto in January.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

I see. Thanks for the info. I did not know that. I heard Kate is amazing. I guess I will see when she comes here. Thanks again.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Interesting to hear that about Kate, porschesrule. Do you have a link for that?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Actually, the fact of Kate joining the Chicago company was reported by Kate herself in her August 25, 2010 blog entry at http://www.billyelliotbroadway.com/blog/ and I had actually noted this in my post in Kate's thread here on the forum announcing Kate's latest blog entry at that time: http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... g&start=60
The day was interrupted by a bit of business. I had to make my way to the front steps on Fifth Avenue to do a phone interview (no cell phones in the museum) with Richard Ouzounian from the Toronto Star. There had just been a press conference announcing my final performance on Broadway, which will be October 1st, my replacement by Emily Skinner, and my joining the Chicago Company of Billy to play in Chicago for a month over the Christmas holidays and then coming with the show to Toronto to play for the run there beginning in the new year. Exciting! I'm going home with this show I love!
I'm really disappointed, Ellen. I thought you read every word I wrote here on the forum. :lol: :lol:
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for pointing that out about Kate, porschesrule. :D

I wish I was able to read everything on the forum. I try to keep up with things as much as possible, but sometimes I miss a bit here or there. 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”