Ticket refunds

athadj
Miner

Ticket refunds

Post by athadj »

I'm planning a trip to London around August and in order to get the best seats possible I was thinking of buying them now. But since nothing is yst certain (not with my job anyway...) I was wondering does anyone know if it is possible to get a refund for a tickets? I prefer to book directly through the Victoria Palace but any info on ticket agencies would be also helpful. Thanks!
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Ticket refunds

Post by Billy Whiz »

As far as I know the Victoria Palace do not do refunds.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

To be honest, I've tried and failed!
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
John45cc
Audience Member

Post by John45cc »

Victoria Palace exchanged tickets for me when a trip was cancelled because of the Volcano ash. Might have been difficult if the tickets had not been held at the box office. Some of the agencies offer insurance ranging from 2-7 pounds per ticket.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Yes I heard that they did exchanges because of the volcanic ash but I think that was an exception. Normally they do not give refunds.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Mel8.12
Audience Member

Post by Mel8.12 »

No refund is possible! I booked 4 tickets for Billy and in the end there were only three of us flying to London. Booked ticket directly at the theater and the box office person told me that no refund can be made. So we just used the seat for shopping bags :-)
.....electricity, sparks inside of me.....
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Of course, forum members always have the option of offering tickets they can't use for sale to other members on here. Just remember, however, that if you do strike a sales agreement, you as the seller receive your money before handing over the tickets.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

ERinVA wrote:Of course, forum members always have the option of offering tickets they can't use for sale to other members on here. Just remember, however, that if you do strike a sales agreement, you as the seller receive your money before handing over the tickets.
I thought there was some issue about getting permission from the mods before you do this though or am I getting muddled up with something else. Seem to think that this instruction was given pretty recently though!
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

No, you do not have to have permission from the mods to offer tickets on here, but we do advise caution regarding transactions. Here's what was posted.
This is a forum and not EBay, but we appreciate that on some occasions people have surplus Tickets.

Should you wish to make a post selling such items, we are happy for you to do this.

But please note, all transactions between vendor/purchaser will remain solely that, the forum or Admin/Mod team will/can not get involved in questions/issues/disputes.

You may wish to consider the following recommendations though:-

Tickets are not be provided to the buyer until payment has been received.

Unless the buyer is known, the best form of payment is cash.

Thanks

The Site Team
http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... f=2&t=1652
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

Thank you very much everyone for the answers. Unfortunatelly just as I was suspecting, refunds are next to impossible... :(

Maybe I'll just risk it for good Billy tkts ;)
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”