Day Queue Tickets. Important Change.

Deanfan5
Ballet Girl

Day Queue Tickets. Important Change.

Post by Deanfan5 »

As Forum members will be aware at the beginning day queue tickets used to be sold at 12pm. It was a long day for those who arrived at 6am to beat the touts. After certain changes it became the practice to sell the Day Seats at 10am as soon as the doors of the Ticket Office opened. Unfortunately the theatre notice in the foyer (visible to the passer-by through the glass) has been saying for quite some time 10.30am for the sale of the day tickets though this has been disregarded for the last 2 years. Following a letter of complaint from a member of the general public who I expect turned up at 10.30am to find all the day tickets gone the theatre have decided to revert back to what it says on the notice.
As I found out today, for a day ticket you now have to wait in the foyer from 10-10.30am although you can ask if there is availbilty in Row B and elsewhere and if so these tickets will be then sold to you.

Personally I would have preferred the theatre to change their notice to 10am but they have gone in the other direction.
I told the ticket office I would post this information so that other Forum members would know and avoid giving out misinformation to other queuers as I did this morning (i.e. ignore what the notice said :oops: )
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Day Queue Tickets. Important Change.

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for letting us know, Deanfan5.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
*Lottie*
Tony

Post by *Lottie* »

Thanks for posting this.
Charlotte

The Musical Vs The Film - " there's more depth & passion to it" - Scott Mckenzie 9.3.11
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

It would have been far simpler to change the blasted notice. This seems like a ludicrous decision to me.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The notice has always said 10:30 since the show opened, to my knowledge. But they began letting people in earlier. I see no problem with going back to what the notice actually says. That is what they should have been doing all along unless they changed the sign, which they never have. Of course, there used to be many more day tickets available than there are now, as row B seats were also day tickets for the first couple of years. To be honest, I don't see why they don't put any B seats that haven't already been purchased in advance back into the day queue pool each morning and wait until 10:30 to sell them.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Deanfan5
Ballet Girl

Post by Deanfan5 »

ERinVA wrote:The notice has always said 10:30 since the show opened, to my knowledge. But they began letting people in earlier. I see no problem with going back to what the notice actually says. That is what they should have been doing all along unless they changed the sign, which they never have. Of course, there used to be many more day tickets available than there are now, as row B seats were also day tickets for the first couple of years. To be honest, I don't see why they don't put any B seats that haven't already been purchased in advance back into the day queue pool each morning and wait until 10:30 to sell them.
That is a god idea but we were told on Saturday by one of the Theatre Managers that this decision had come from the highest level so I doubt it will be reversed.

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”