Site Admin

Nearly VPT Webcam--It's Back.

Post by ERinVA »

Bringing this back again. Have fun! :D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/web ... 6511.shtml
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
athadj
Miner

Re: Nearly VPT Webcam--It's Back.

Post by athadj »

Cool! Those members going tonight (you know who you are) go under the clock and wave at exactly 7:15. I'll be waiting :lol: :lol: :lol:
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
tzwicky
George

Nearly VPT Webcam: It's crying ...........

Post by tzwicky »

The Nearly VPT Webcam is crying (or emoting in some way) to note the closing of Broadway Billy (It was this way for most of Saturday afternoon going into the evening).

I think it's shooting down towards the river, on Vauxhall.

It's interesting to see how this bit of WWW-tech recognizes tremors occuring across the pond. :( :( :( :( :(

tzwicky
tzwicky
George

LIttle Ben has botten ... little-r!!!!!!

Post by tzwicky »

I know it all has to do with the Underground renovations and stuff, but has anyone else noticed that Little Ben has been made "Little-r"?

I think it happened a few days ago.

The poor thing has been top-hatted.

Checking in at the Nearly VPT Jam-Cam is a daily ritual for me, so I couldn't help but notice.

See for yourself. It's quite surprising when you look and it's gone.

I don't read every forum post, so it might have slipped past me, but has anything been published .... with sad photos and everything?

tzwicky
paul30003
Ballet Girl

Re: LIttle Ben has botten ... little-r!!!!!!

Post by paul30003 »

tzwicky wrote:I know it all has to do with the Underground renovations and stuff, but has anyone else noticed that Little Ben has been made "Little-r"?

I think it happened a few days ago.

The poor thing has been top-hatted.

Checking in at the Nearly VPT Jam-Cam is a daily ritual for me, so I couldn't help but notice.

See for yourself. It's quite surprising when you look and it's gone.

I don't read every forum post, so it might have slipped past me, but has anything been published .... with sad photos and everything?

tzwicky
Day queuing, I witnessed the removal of little Ben.

Video to follow soon.
“The dance is over, the applause subsided

but the joy and feeling will stay with you forever.”

W. M. Tory
paul30003
Ballet Girl

Re: Nearly VPT Webcam--It's Back.

Post by paul30003 »

As promised, the removal of Little Ben.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAosjnl_RJE
“The dance is over, the applause subsided

but the joy and feeling will stay with you forever.”

W. M. Tory
tzwicky
George

Nearly VPT Webcam--It's back, June 14, 2012!!!!!!!!

Post by tzwicky »

OK, I think it just happened in the past few days, because it's kinda like a bad habit and I check the Nearly VPT Jam Cam every day, or at least every other day, and I just noted it's back, after many, many months of not working, right around the time a lot of traffic pattern work was being done right in front of the VPT.

Little Ben is gone, I assume, still, and the traffic is all ripped up.

But the cam seems to have not moved from where it always was, though it's looking down toward Vauxhall Bridge Road at the moment (Thursday early morning 1:35 AM).

Just while I've been penning this post, it's shifted from the right side of the road, showing the backside of the Apollo Theatre with a small Wicked sign, but now it's panned towards the left side of the street with that row of small, mom n' pop tobacco/newstand type stores.

It's an OCD thing, OK?

tzwicky
tzwicky
George

Now it's panned across ........

Post by tzwicky »

At 1:15AM (east coast of the US) the Almost VPT Webcam/JamCam has swung around and is pointed down Victoria Street and showing off Sainsbury's, as well as what exists of the traffic triangle that's right in front of the VPT.

The JamCam is full of surprises in the past 2 nights.

Kinda cool.

Since it's about the only place open every night after BETM, Sainsbury's is where I grab dinner and another Pepsi, before I stumble through Victoria Station and back to my command suite, just beyond the Passport Office and the treacherous few yards of sidewalk alongside the Veterinarian All Night place, where some dog owners have been known to forget pet etiquette (though that's forgivable since they're at the all-night Vet Office and all).

tzwicky
tzwicky
George

Ummmmmm, it's finished?

Post by tzwicky »

I had to try to cap the Nearly VPT Jam Cam from 4:15 AM Thursday.

The little slice of street and triangle showing on the cam is suddenly clean, pristine, lacking any traffic barriers.

Lookit!

Whazzup locals Billymaniacs?

tzwicky
tzwicky
George

Dread........

Post by tzwicky »

In the U.S., when one primary contractor finishes his primary job, everything might look complete.

But bet on a sub-contractor showing up the next morning and jackhammering it all to ruins, because they have their work order and it's a different work order than the one just completed, and these companies are probably competitors, or city departments that refuse to communicate even if they're in adjacent cubicles on the same floor.

The little patch of civil engineering looks marvelous at the moment.

Hope it stays that way aboveground at least, while Underground Victoria expands like a virus spreading ever wider till it reaches its limit.

tzwicky

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”