Site Moderator

Gina Rattan, BETM Broadway Director

Post by kport »

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Gina Rattan, BETM Broadway Director

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Nice article. Gina is the one who made the pre-show announcement at Giuseppe's debut, and presumably the one who decided not to announce Jacob's departure. :x
:/
Billy Fanatic
Small Boy

Post by Billy Fanatic »

To me, there's two items of significance in the article.

First, and very importantly, the statement that Gina's contract is for one year. This strongly implies that BETM Broadway plans to stay around for much longer than the November 6, 2011 date that the BETM official website lists as the last day tickets are currently available for sale and December 31, 2011, the last date for which Telecharge is currently selling tickets online.

The other thing that stood out to me is that either Gina, the article's author, or both are unaware of the actual ages of the four Billys. They do, of course, play an 11 year old character on stage; but only one, Tade, is an actual real life 11 year old. Joseph is 12, Peter 13, and the old man of the group, Giuseppe, is 14.

Overall, this was a very nice, informative, and enjoyable article about the current Resident Director of my (and of, course, other forum members) favorite show.
Billy Fanatic
"Normal not to be normal"

BROADWAY - 19:
Billy: Alex K. x3, Giuseppe x1, Jacob x2, Joseph x5, Julian x2, Myles x1, Peter x4, Tade x1
Michael: Cameron x7, Jack x5, Jake S. x2, Neil x5
Debbie: Georgi x5, Lilla x14
Small Boy: Alex D. x10, Seth x3, Zachary x6
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Ben x12, Giuseppe x1, Joseph x2, Julian x2, Myles x1, Tade x1

TOUR - 3
RICHMOND, VA:

Billy: Ben x1, Drew x1, Noah x1
Michael: Jake K. x1, Sam x2
Debbie: Samantha x3
Small Boy: Cal x3
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Jake K. x2, Sam x1
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

My guess is that a one year contract is the minimum anyone in her position would accept. It would look 'bad', from a PR standpoint, to have a six month contract. And even if the production ends sooner, there might be other related projects in the offing for the director to take on.

If I had to gaze into a crystal ball, in a year BETM will still be packing the house full in London and Broadway.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

kport wrote:If I had to gaze into a crystal ball, in a year BETM will still be packing the house full in London and Broadway.
Tickets are on sale for the whole of 2012 at the Victoria Palace in London. I attended the Imperial Theatre in New York recently and the theatre was pretty full on all occasions. So it looks pretty good on both sides of the pond.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Broadway Archive”