American Idiot

Chat about other shows here
Muppet
Michael

American Idiot

Post by Muppet »

The ground-breaking Broadway musical finally makes its way to the UK for a tour from Autumn 2012.

I saw it in New York with Green Day's frontman Billie Joe Armstrong back in April. It really is quite different, but I enjoyed the music and have booked tickets to see it when it comes to Manchester.

Is anybody else a fan of 'Green Day' or thinking of going to see this show?

http://americanidiotthemusical.co.uk/
Wowzell
Tall Boy

Re: American Idiot

Post by Wowzell »

I saw American Idiot tonight, after it's UK premiere just yesterday. I must say, I was very surprised, both positively and negatively. I was positively surprised because, for some reason, I did genuinely enjoy it - although not overly. Maybe it's because of the very familiar music or the dancing (of which there is a surprising amount for something that has such 'appeal' for punk rockers!).

However, there are many negative points about the show. The one main thing I didn't like was the fact that the show does genuinely seem to be just another way for Green Day to make more money whilst they can. The songs are rather badly sewn together with a, rather badly written, storyline - but they are performed and arranged very well; some of the songs are very different to how they are on the album American Idiot, which I was pleasantly surprised at.

All-in-all, it's a good show for fans of Green Day but, outside of that circle of fans, I wouldn't recommend it. It's a show for the Green Day community, by the Green Day community.
London: Harris x2, Adam x1, Kaine x1.

'In everything you do, always be yourself... and you always will be true'

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - UK”