Day seats

jogo30
Audience Member

Day seats

Post by jogo30 »

Hello!

In June I would like to come from Germany to see Billy Elliot again and i'd like to use day seats again. Now I read on theatremonkey.com that they only sell Dress Circle side slip seats as day seats. Is that true? Or do they still sell row A seats at stalls as well?

Thank you for your help.
BETM-Counter: 25x London, 1x York (BYT)
Next planned visit: ???
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Day seats

Post by Billy Whiz »

The "A" row seats at the front of the stalls are still Day Seats.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

I don't know if this informnation has been posted before (as I had heard about it from another forum member a few days ago) so I'm sorry if I repeat something that's already been written but the Day seats policy has finally changed at the Victoria Palace after 2 years (or is it longer?)
That means that at 10:00 o'clock when the doors open YOU CAN ACTUALLY BUY DAY SEATS!!!!!! :D :D :D
Yes! You do not have to stupidly wait until 10:30 watching everyone else going to the box office and hoping no one sells them your A10 :lol:
Trust me after day queing so many times it feels so good just getting your tickets and going your way instead of standing those extra 30 min at the theatre foyer! I've gotten to know every single detail of that hall I tell you!!!! :lol: :lol:
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

athadj wrote:I don't know if this informnation has been posted before (as I had heard about it from another forum member a few days ago) so I'm sorry if I repeat something that's already been written but the Day seats policy has finally changed at the Victoria Palace after 2 years (or is it longer?)
That means that at 10:00 o'clock when the doors open YOU CAN ACTUALLY BUY DAY SEATS!!!!!! :D :D :D
Yes! You do not have to stupidly wait until 10:30 watching everyone else going to the box office and hoping no one sells them your A10 :lol:
Trust me after day queing so many times it feels so good just getting your tickets and going your way instead of standing those extra 30 min at the theatre foyer! I've gotten to know every single detail of that hall I tell you!!!! :lol: :lol:

Cheers Athina for the info. Bloody brilliant!. :D :D :D Hallelujah, there is a god!.
About time it went back to 10.00 after the policy was changed because someone complained and wrote a letter to Stephen Daldry in 2010 because he/she missed out on day seats, as seemingly the time on the sign about day seats was wrong.
(Why the A4 sign couldn't have just been reprinted with the correct time rather than changing the day seat time to 10.30 is beyond me, but I'm sure they had their reasons).

Thank god the Box Office have seen sense and it's back to what it was before, as I totally agree Athina, after day queuing many times, especially with you and Lottie, it is great we can just go in and get the tickets at 10am and be on our way, rather than standing about like a bunch of planks for an extra and pointless 30 minutes and watching everyone else going to the Box Office and hoping nobody sells the day seats, especially A10, as I always got in a panic about it when I was first in the queue. Thankfully, nobody ever did sell A10 and nothing ever happened, but I would have had no hesitation in saying something if A10 had been sold after I stood in the day queue for hours and that extra 30 mins.

But we don't need to worry about that now!. Woo-hoo. :D

Cheers
Keefy
:D
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I am curious how you know that someone wrote to Stephen Daldry, KeefyM. 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Kimi
Audience Member

Post by Kimi »

Ah wee, thanks athadj for these information! :) That's good news!
My Billy-shows (London):

29.11.11 - Adam
21.01.12 - Kaine
25.02.12, Matinée - Ryan
25.02.12 - Josh

See you, sunshine!
Sam4God
Tall Boy

Post by Sam4God »

WOW! No more pointless waits until 10:30 for dayseats?! Think this may have just made my day (or night as it's currently 3 am...!) ha! Cheers for the info :)
113 Shows: (July 2008 - March 2016)
23 Billys: (LaytonX1, TannerX1, OllieX2, RyanX14, ScottX1, Dean-CharlesX4, AdamX16, JoshX5, KaineX8, HarrisX8, HarrisonX10, RedmandX10, TadeX2, AliX5.5, ElliottX5, BradleyX5.5, MitchellX3, MatteoX1, Ollie JX3, NatX3, Brodie X3, Thomas X1, Euan X1)
18 Michaels: (ShaunX1, Dean-CharlesX1, JakeX1, JoeX31, ReeceX15.5, Connor KellyX17.5, Connor LawsonX2, Adam VespermanX1, ThomasX5, JackX3, ZachX7.5, Tade BiesingerX1, FreddieX5.5, ZakX5, TomiX5, ToddX3, NathanX3, BenX1, BradleyX3)
13 Debbies: (MeganX1, AnnabelleX1, FrancescaX14, Emily SmithX7, Emily WilliamsX16, MacyX18, DaynaX16, MillieX12, DemiX14.5, KyriaX4, ConnieX3.5, Beatrice X2, HollieX3)
Jess06
Audience Member

Post by Jess06 »

Hi There!

Can anyone explain me how it works with day seats? Is there one seat a day that is offered for a special price? Or can you buy more seats?
And then the other thing I read.
Row B. Is row B Always 25pond? And where can I book these tickets.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

In the stalls seats A1 to A10 are day seats and are put up for sale at 10am for that day.

The seats are £19.50 Monday to Thursday and £27.50 Friday and Saturday.

You can buy two seats for each performance and you must pay by debit or credit card.

B row seats are the same price as A row.

You can buy B row seats on The Victoria Palace website on the following link

https://www.victoriapalacetheatre.co.uk ... A2D9DDCE1A
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Jess06 wrote:Hi There!

Can anyone explain me how it works with day seats? Is there one seat a day that is offered for a special price? Or can you buy more seats?
And then the other thing I read.
Row B. Is row B Always 25pond? And where can I book these tickets.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english!
Hi Jess06. I noticed this was your first post here on the Forum and I wanted to say welcome and that I hope this post will be the first of many. I hope Billy Whiz's very good reply to your question helps.

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”