Chance for last minute tickets on a Saturday matinee?

ayates
Audience Member

Chance for last minute tickets on a Saturday matinee?

Post by ayates »

I'm arriving in London Heathrow on Saturday June 21 at 10:30am. I'm thinking of making a mad dash into the city to catch the matinee performance (my wife has taken the evening slot for Les Miserables). There is a little catch in that we will be renting a car at the airport and driving to Denham (B&B for the night). Only at that point can I catch a train into the city (Marlyebone). As this is very tight timing, I may easily miss the performance.

Thus I can't risk purchasing tickets ahead of time and will have to make do with what ever is available. I am wondering if there are likely to be tickets (any) available immediately prior to a Saturday matinee?

I may have another opportunity at the end of our holiday on Saturday July 12, but that would basically eat a day coming back into London on the Saturday rather than just flying into Heathrow (from Leeds) on the Sunday morning just prior to our return flight (to Canada). I realise that it's sacrilege to even consider that might not be worth it :)

Thanks,

Allan.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chance for last minute tickets on a Saturday matinee?

Post by ERinVA »

You should be able to walk up and buy a ticket at the Victoria Palace box office without a problem. It's only for special shows, such as the 9th anniversary, that you would be likely to encounter an availability problem on the day of the show.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Chance for last minute tickets on a Saturday matinee?

Post by kport »

I agree with Ellen. There are usually plenty of seats available, as long as it is not a school holiday, when they can be tight.

You can check the VPT website before heading into town, or phone the booking office to get an idea of availability before trekking in. They are very accommodating.

Good luck!

https://www.victoriapalacetheatre.co.uk/Online/

Box Office: 0844 248 5000

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”