Catching a train from St. Pancras 28 minutes after the show

Barnsley-James
Audience Member

Catching a train from St. Pancras 28 minutes after the show

Post by Barnsley-James »

Hi everyone,

I'm off to watch the show at the VPT on Saturday and have booked myself on the 17.58pm train from London St. Pancras - Sheffield, have I been over ambitious if the show finishes at around 17.30pm?

I see the tube takes 8 minutes from Victoria to St Pancras but not sure how long it will take from the tube station at St Pancras to the train station or how long I'll have to wait at Victoria for a train.

Any advice would be appreciated!

dancingboy
Billy

Re: Catching a train from St. Pancras 28 minutes after the show

Post by dancingboy »

Two things:-
The chances are the show will finish a few minutes before 5.30, provided there are no interruptions

Also, the Victoria Line service runs every few minutes
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Post by OliverWaters »

If you're going Sheffield, you're probably taking the train that I get, does it go through Kettering by any chance?

Anyway, I can speak for only two times seeing the show, but both times I got the train approx. half hour after the show ended :)
Occam's razor: The simplest answer is the most probable.

Oliver's razor: The most boring answer is the most probable.
Barnsley-James
Audience Member

Post by Barnsley-James »

dancingboy wrote:Two things:-
The chances are the show will finish a few minutes before 5.30, provided there are no interruptions

Also, the Victoria Line service runs every few minutes
Thanks, it always seems so complicated going on the tube if you aren't a Londoner! Although 8 minutes without any changes, I should just about manage hopefully :lol:
Barnsley-James
Audience Member

Post by Barnsley-James »

OliverWaters wrote:If you're going Sheffield, you're probably taking the train that I get, does it go through Kettering by any chance?

Anyway, I can speak for only two times seeing the show, but both times I got the train approx. half hour after the show ended :)
Not sure, it's an East Midlands train that goes through places like Chesterfield, Derby and Leicester so could most probably go through Kettering.

Sounds as though I should be OK then, thanks for replying :)
Borrobil
Ballet Girl

Post by Borrobil »

It would be worth doing a dry run, of the Victoria Underground to St Pancras exchange. They like you to use the underground walking tunnels which are quite long and slow. If it was me I would get on at Victoria at the left hand end of the platform, to leave the underground via the EUSTON-ROAD exit at KingsX/StP.(turning LEFT after the ticket barrier as if going to Kings cross, avoiding the tunnel right). Then cross into St Pancras above ground. There may be a better way, but I know that's ok. Depends a bit on where in StP your train goes from, it's a big place. I can comfortably get the 23:01 from KGX after leaving the evening show at 10:30, especially if I scoot out of the fire doors at the left of the auditorium instead of queuing out the front door.
~ Paul ~
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

This should be very useful:

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”