Samuel Newby - Billy

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Samuel Newby - Billy

Post by porschesrule »

Samuel Newby will be one of four boys playing the role of Billy in the Curve Leicester production of BETM.

http://theatrefan.co.uk/joe-caffrey-rac ... ly-elliot/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Samuel Newby - Billy

Post by porschesrule »

Samuel debuted last evening (13-Jul-2022) in the first preview performance at the Curve.

https://betm.theskykid.com/meet-billy-e ... uel-newby/
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Post by Real Geordie »

And what a stunning debut ! His partnerships with Lucas Haywood (Michael) and Lola Johnstone (Debbie) worked so well. Such an innovative production. One of the most affecting performances of "The Letter" I have seen, with people around me struggling not to shed a tear. When the cast presented themselves to the audience at conclusion of the performance a full house stood to give a deserved standing ovation to Samuel when he stepped forward to take his bow. Stumbling with my phone keyboard to type this - many typos to correct. One more performance tonight. When I return home to my full size keyboard I can give a few more details. I had been concerned that this new interpretation might drift so far from the original that it became unrecognisable. Not a bit of it. Billy is still there, but viewed with fresh eyes. Well done all of the creative team.
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Post by Real Geordie »

The audience response to Samuel on his debut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkucw8Q246s
Bluematrix1955
Audience Member

Post by Bluematrix1955 »

Real Geordie wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:27 am And what a stunning debut ! His partnerships with Lucas Haywood (Michael) and Lola Johnstone (Debbie) worked so well. Such an innovative production. One of the most affecting performances of "The Letter" I have seen, with people around me struggling not to shed a tear. When the cast presented themselves to the audience at conclusion of the performance a full house stood to give a deserved standing ovation to Samuel when he stepped forward to take his bow. Stumbling with my phone keyboard to type this - many typos to correct. One more performance tonight. When I return home to my full size keyboard I can give a few more details. I had been concerned that this new interpretation might drift so far from the original that it became unrecognisable. Not a bit of it. Billy is still there, but viewed with fresh eyes. Well done all of the creative team.
I cannot really add to this, perfectly put, watched Samuel on Aug 6th, he was brilliant!!

Return to “Cast - Curve Leicester”