Nicholas Sipes

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Nicholas Sipes as Older Billy

Post by kport »

According to his Twitter, Nicholas Sipes (Ensemble) opened the Portland run playing the role of Older Billy:

Last night was the 1st show of @BillyElliot @ the Keller Auditorium in Portland, OR. Opened the 2 wk run as Older Billy http://t.co/NgX1Gll
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nicholas Stypes as Older Billy

Post by porschesrule »

kport wrote:According to his Twitter, Nicholas Sipes (Ensemble) opened the Portland run playing the role of Older Billy:
Nick is the u/s for Older Billy and does occasionally play the role when Maximilien Baud needs a break.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Nicholas Sipes

Post by kport »

According to his Twitter, Nicholas Sipes (ex-Tour) has his first performance with the Broadway cast on Aug 31st.
gpcolo
George

Re: Nicholas Sypes

Post by gpcolo »

He calls Aug. 31st his "Real Debut" but he actually filled in on August 7th (per his Twitter) when he took a brief break from the last weeks of the tour to fill in. http://twitter.com/#!/sipesss
gpcolo
George

Re: Nicholas Sipes

Post by gpcolo »

Nicholas is now rehearsing for the opening of West Side Story in Berlin according to his twitter "2nd day of rehearsals and I can barely walk!" Looks to be a 10 month European/Asian tour that begins June 24. Congratulations and best of luck.

http://twitter.com/#!/sipesss
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Follow the success of this Europe/Asia tour to see if the economy is ready for a Billy Elliot The Musical tour of the same cities.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Since West Side Story does not involve all the logistics of dealing with children (and different child labor laws in different countries), I don't think this suggestion will work. It's like comparing apples to oranges.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

You are, of course, right, ERinVA, that a success of West Side Story does not mean a success of BETM. But the reverse is true. A financial failure of West Side Story does probably mean that BETM would have trouble making money on a Europe/Asia tour.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

I still think you are comparing apples to oranges, accessmenj. Your statements hint that you think the idea of West Side Story touring Europe is a new concept. Many shows have toured across Europe in the past. What makes you think the success of this show has anything to do with the success of a possible future BETM tour?
:/
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

I am only looking at the economic situation in Europe. Europe has the potential to be a much greater disaster than the USA, with Greece and other's possible default. It may not be a good time for any show. The West Side Story tour could prove that no show could make money when the Euro is under attack. This makes no statement about either BETM or West Side Story.

Return to “Cast - Broadway”