Who will be Broadway's final Billy?

mikey2573
Tall Boy

Who will be Broadway's final Billy?

Post by mikey2573 »

I wonder how they will decide which of the 4 current Billys will perform the role at its final performance. I plan on seeing each performance from Friday the sixth right to the end, so I will (hopefully) get to see them all one more time. But who wil be the final Billy?
(And will any of them join the national tour once the show ends?)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Who will be Broadway's final Billy?

Post by ERinVA »

I would not be too surprised if one or more of the Broadway Billys joins the tour at some point. As for who will be the final Billy, why don't we just wait and see? You can't go wrong no matter who it is.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
KR200
Small Boy

Post by KR200 »

Peter's Ballet School lists his performance times up until Jan 4th. Maybe that is his last show:
http://www.nhschoolofballet.com/Billy%2 ... hChart.pdf
Chicago
Billy: Giuseppe x1, JP x2, Marcus x2, Tommy x1, Cesar x2
Michael: Keean x4, Dillon x3, Jack x1
Debbie: Maria x8, TB: Spencer x6, Kennedy x2, SB: Mark x6, Elijah x2

NYC
Billy: David Ax1, Tanner x1, Trent x1
Michael: Keean x1, Frank x2
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Please let's avoid speculation about Peter's schedule, or that of any of the other Billys, for that matter. Just because the ballet school's schedule doesn't go beyond the 4th, that does not mean his final show will be on that date.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I agree. Leave it to chance....whoever it is, it will be a brilliant night!

In the meantime, Happy New Year to all!! :D
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

kport wrote:....whoever it is, it will be a brilliant night!

In the meantime, Happy New Year to all!! :D
Well said Kport! And Happy New Year as well to everyone on here. :D
:/
mikey2573
Tall Boy

Post by mikey2573 »

Maybe they'll have to draw straws. Or maybe it will just be whoever is next in the rotation. I imagine AEA would make them stick to the rotation.
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

If I could offer some advice from the experience of both Sydney and Melbourne closing????

Although we had some good contacts within the show - certainly not the access to schedules etc that people following the Broadway show have had - we didn't know till the last day who would be the final Billy.

It didn't matter in the end. Final shows are such an experience for the cast, crew and fans and while I am sure their is some honour attached to being the last, the individual is no more important than than the show itself. You just know it's going to be a good one regardless. One that will stay in your memory for a long time.

If I could offer another word of advice. The spectacular finale that was put on in Melbourne to end the Australian run came quick and fast. So much so that it began in a blur as I wasn't expecting it to be as grand as it was. Be ready people. There will be something special at then end. Expect it and sit back and enjoy it or as we did in Melbourne - we all stood, cheered, clapped and danced around in amazement at what we were seeing. :lol: :roll:
Cheers

Brad
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Thank you for that guidance Brad. Just knowing the heightened emotions that surround a show when one Billy is leaving, we can only begin to imagine what these last shows will be like.

To answer the original question, logic might suggest the final order will be reverse seniority, with the most senior Billy last, ie: Julian, Tade, Joseph, Peter. That is what Toronto had planned, until Myles was called away to begin rehearsals in New York. However one thing we have learned is that nothing is certain.
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

CJ-Rochester wrote:However one thing we have learned is that nothing is certain.
As has been proved time and time again. 8-)
Ellen

Return to “Cast - Broadway”